A roundup of beauty news-you-can-use and special events that made my radar this week:
- It's Clinique Spring Bonus time at Bloomingdales!
Not only is it a great time to stock up on your favorite beauty needs,
spring Milly for Clinique makeup bag is adorable! Filled with
Clinique’s best of spring beauty items, this one-of-a-kind Milly
design is free with any Clinique purchase of $25 or more; $75 value.
Available at Bloomingdale’s counters nationwide and Bloomingdales.com now through February 21 (Note: Chicago peeps–you'll will
be able to find this offer in-store at Bloomingdale’s North Michigan
and Old Orchard May 12th
through May 31st).
- Kyan Douglas formerly of
Queer Eye and the brand ambassador for HerCut, the first-ever haircare for your
haircut, will debut the new collection for the first time on QVC during the Beauty
Newsmakers show at 7pm. Created to
address the five major categories of haircut—the
bob, the pixie, the shag, the blunt cut and long layers—each HerCut product has it's own customized heat-activated
catalyst that promotes the right behavior for the corresponding
cut. Interesting concept, right?
- This weekend is the The Estée Lauder Dream Event online at
NeimanMarcus.com. Receive a posh tote and glamorous goodies
(over $175 value) with your Estée Lauder purchase of $55 or more. The
event runs through Tuesday morning, Feb. 9th, so you won't want to
delay. While you're online, check for a free shipping promotion. For
complete details, go to www.NeimanMarcus.com.
- Are you a fan of The Jersey Shore? Like to predict the answer to pop culture's burning questions and maybe win a prize along the way? Check out Predicto.com, where you can answer the question "Are the tanned and toned castmates of 'Jersey Shore' going to model clothes on the
runway at Fashion Week?". The thought of Snooky walking the catwalk must be giving Anna Wintour grey hair!
- Ever wonder how American Idol contestants go from drab to fab? It’s all thanks to makeup artist Mezhgan Hussainy .
“I get to see them from the auditions on day one. I get an idea of what
they’re really like and what we can do to make them really feel their
best,” she says of the transformation process. Read the rest of the interview at HollywoodLife.com.
- The Sundance Film Festival is over for this year, but one of the big hits was the Bath and Body Works Anti-Bacterial Van, which helped celebrities get to
their Park City destinations. In addition, Joan
Rivers was spotted carrying her Bath & Body Works bag down Main St. telling everyone how
cute the Anti–Bacterial PocketBacs were. Have you seen the new minis yet? They're not only cuter than cute, but the fragrances are great!
- For the entire month of February, Modernluxury.com is giving away a
bevy of shine-your-lips, tossle-your-hair, powder-your-nose
products—for free! New luxe beauty products are offered every single
day this month. Each new day = a new chance to win luxury
items (packages valued at $150 or more). Brands include Kiehl's, Philip
B., DayNa Decker, Le Métier de Beauté, Clarins, Arcona and more. Sign up for a chance to win at www.modernluxury.com/win/
That's it for this weekend! Have a beauty-filled week and see you back at Beauty411 on Monday!