They say everything’s bigger in Texas and in terms of nail polish colors, the new OPI Texas Collection backs that up!
The colors in the OPI Texas Collection include:
- San Tan-tonio – A “honey” of a ten-gallon tan!
- Suzi Loves Cowboys – But she loves this campfire chocolate shade s’more!
- It’s Totally Fort Worth It – A shimmery lavender grey that’s so worthy of you.
- Don’t Mess with OPI – A lean, mean, kick-grass forest green.
- Austin-tatious Turquoise – Cowgirls love this bodacious blue-green.
- I Vant to Be A-Lone Star – You won’t want to share this starry Texas-sky blue.
- Y’all Come Back Ya Hear? – This Texas tangerine will be waitin’ for ya!
- Big Hair…Big Nail – A rosy pageant peach.
- Guy Meets Gal-veston – An “engaging” coastal coral.
- Too Hot Pink to Hold ‘Em – A red-hot pink-red that deals a winning hand.
- Do You Think I’m Tex-y? – A “berry” sexy bloom of Dallas dahlia.
- Houston We Have a Purple – A galactic red-violet that’s ready to “rocket roll”!
While the Texas Collection looks bold and bright, 6 of the 12 Texas colors, including Guy Meets Gal-veston, Ya’ll Come Back Ya Hear?, Too Hot Pink to Hold ‘Em, Big Hair…Big Nails, Do You Think I’m Tex-y? and Houston We Have a Purple have a new “sorbet-style” formula. It’s those 6 colors that are among my favorites in this collection. While I’m usually drawn to darker shades, I can’t get enough of these bright pinks, reds and oranges.
In my wear test, the first coat of “Houston We Have a Purple” was semi-tranparent; the finish looking “watered down”. Another coat gave a slightly more saturated hue, but the effect was still translucent. It’s a very different look on the nail than a creme. Each color in the “sorbet” finishes were similar. Of the other colors, “It’s Totally Fort Worth It” was unlike any other color I have–it’s kind of silver-lavendar. And Austin-tatious Turquoise is perfect for summer pedis!
The OPI Texas Collection is available at Professional Salons, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA Beauty , for $8.50 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each Nail Lacquer.