It’s Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami and the hair and makeup looks are hotter than ever. Read on for the details on how to recreate the hair and makeup look from the Mara Hoffman Swim show and then enter to win an assortment of MAKE UP FOR EVER products!
The Mara Hoffman swim collection celebrates life and spirituality and the makeup reflects this ideal. MAKE UP FOR EVER ALLIANCE artist, Lottie served as key makeup artist for the Mara Hoffman show.
Cheeks: The skin was modern with a glowing complexion. Lottie applied MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation to give the models a flawless canvas. Next, Lottie created beautiful flushed cheeks using MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Blush and MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Bronze.
Eyes: Lottie created a “blessing” like smudge between the eyes using neon orange MAKE UP FOR EVER Wet Make Up for a strong look. The brows were sculpted straight, almost masculine in shape, and the eyes were lined with heavy black using MAKE UP FOR EVER Khol Pencil #1K. She also added a thick coat of MAKE UP FOR EVER Smoky Lash Mascara.
Lips: The lips boasted next to nothing color using MAKE UP FOR EVER Glossy Full Couleur #10, a sheer peach.
The makeup was a beautiful backdrop for the hair. TRESemmé Stylist Elsa Canedo, the lead stylist for the show, created earthy fishtail braids to match the inspiration. The overall style is meant to have lots of texture and to look effortless without being too polished. To get the look:
- Create a middle part and divide hair into sections
- Prep each section with TRESemmé Thermal Creations Curl Activator Spray, then curl using a 1″ barrel curling iron and pin to the head
- Once all sections are completed, take out the pins and brush the curls with a paddle brush
- Flip your head upside down and spray TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo throughout hair for added texture, lightly combing the product through with your fingers
- Flipping your head upright, divide hair into two sections down the middle of the head, and begin to create two French braids, starting at the top of the head to the base of the neck
- From the base of the neck, create two fishtails braids, and secure them with clear elastics, leaving some length on the ends loose
- Lightly rough up hair at the top of the head, pulling a few pieces loose with your fingers, and finish by lightly applying TRESemmé No-Frizz Secret Smoothing Créme in a backwards motion
ENTER TO WIN! MAKE UP FOR EVER is sponsoring a giveaway of makeup products from the Mercedes-Benz Swim Week looks. One lucky winner will win a collection that includes Mat Bronze ($30), Khol Pencil ($18), Smoky Lash ($22) and Glossy Full Couleur ($19)! To enter, click the Facebook “Like” button on this post and leave a comment below! The contest will run through Sunday, July 24th at 11:59PM. One entry per email address, please. Good Luck!
Photo Credit: Getty Images