Always a show to watch for upcoming trends, the Derek Lam Spring/Summer 2012 show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week didn’t disappoint. Come backstage and see the beauty and hair direction for Spring…
Derek Lam’s Spring 2012 collection was inspired by the clean minimalism and open desert landscape of the Kaufmann house by Richard Neutra in Palm Springs. The makeup compliments the fashion with a very dreamy, warm look of fresh skin, shimmering eyes with muted yellow shadow highlighted by coppers and greens, lightly bronzed contoured cheeks and a sheer golden lip.” – Tom Pecheux, Estée Lauder Creative Makeup Director.
Makeup was by Tom Pecheux for Estée Lauder and included the following products to get the look:
- NEW limited edition Pure Color EyeShadow Palette – Yellow shade (#5) used – launching January 2012
- NEW limited edition Pure Color Cyber Eyes Collection – launching November 2011, including:
- Pure Color Gelée Powder EyeShadow in Cyber Copper
- Pure Color Gelée Powder EyeShadow in Cyber Green
- Pure Color Intense Kajal EyeLiner in Blackened Olive
- Sumptuous Extreme Mascara in Extreme Copper
Lips: NEW limited edition Pure Color Gloss in Citron Kiss – launching January 2012
Cheeks: NEW Pure Color Blush tested backstage– launching February 2012; NEW limited edition Gelée Bronzer tested backstage – launching January 2012
Face: NEW foundation tested backstage– launching March 2012; NEW Double Wear Concealer Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer SPF 10 and Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder.
Skin: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex; Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator; DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme SPF 15.
Nails were by Jin Soon Choi for Estée Lauder. The nails were done in Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Nude Attitude – Available in select International markets.
The Key Hairstylist for the show was Orlando Pita for Phyto, who shared that his inspiration for the look was Architect Richard Neutra’s organic west coast homes. The hair reflects with a side parted low ponytail- “clean and simple lines,” shares Pita.
To get the look:
1. Spray Phytovolume Actif onto the hair. Apply heat and create a side part.
2. For those with dry and damaged hair, add a pea size amount of Phyto 7 daily hydrating cream to nourish ends.
3. Pull hair into a ponytail and wrap with elastic. Spray Phytolaque soie light hold hair spray.
4. Apply Phyto Professional Shine Defining Wax to smooth the ponytail for a natural hold with sheen.
Do you like the overall beauty look at Derek Lam? Let me know in the comments!