If packing for a vacation is stressful, packing for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is a total nightmare. When you’re backstage amidst the top makeup artists in the world, your makeup has to be on. Keep reading for the details…
The Stephanie Johnson Lima Purple ML Traveler ($82, stephaniejohnson.com) doesn’t only look gorgeous. This python-inspired bag is functional and holds a ton of products! There are two snap-out mesh pouches, a removable toiletry pouch and a mirror. The Lima ML Traveler is a must if you’re a makeup-loving traveler like I am!
Here’s what made it into my Fashion Week Makeup Bag. From the back…
- Limited-edition Bobbi Brown Tortoise Shell Collection Mini Brush Set. Four essential brushes in a chic case, $55; Rich Color Eye Shadow in Pink Silk and Rich Kashmir, $24 BobbiBrown.com.
- Votre Vu Bébé Duette with Luxe Lips Framboise – this hand creme lip balm duo is one of my travel necessities. $39.50 for a two-pack at VotreVu.com.
- nails inc Vitamin E Cuticle Oil Pen: Not only is the prettiest oil pen I’ve found, it’s moisturizing too, $10, Sephora.com.
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($30), Sephora.com.
- blowPro Blow Out Spray, which gives my hair just the right amount of hold without buildup or stickiness; purchased at Nordstrom.
- Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Foundation (review coming soon!) Chubby Stick in Richer Raisin, $15 and Lipgloss/Lipstick Duo in Black Honey, all available at Nordstrom.com.
- Ole Henriksen truth to go wipes: the best smelling cleansing wipes, bar none. Travel-size, $6 Sephora.com.
- Dolce&Gabbana Animalier Bronzer, $47 at Saks.
- bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 4.0 Quad in The Afterparty. Watch for the review coming this week!
- Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara ($23.50), Pure Color Eyeshadow Duo in Modern Mercury and Black Chrome ($30 each) and Pure Color Liquid Eyeliner, $21, EsteeLauder.com.
- Zoya Nail Polish in Tao, a gorgeous gray shimmer. On-trend color plus unparalled staying power, $8, Zoya.com.
- YSL Creme De Blush in Powdery Rose is my favorite blush ($38) and Touche Eclat: concealer, illuminator–can’t live without this! $40, yslbeautyus.com.
- Fresh Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15: because I’m never without at least 2 of these in my bags. $22.50 Sephora.com.
- MAC Eyeshadow in Hocus Pocus, from the Blogger Collection. One of my go-to eye shadow shades, $15, maccosmetics.com.
- Make Up For Ever Khol Pencil ($17) and Smoky Lash Couleur Mascara ($22); I love the rich pigmented color of the Khol Pencil for lining eyes; the Smoky Lash Couleur Mascara finishes to give eyes a dramatic pop of color, Sephora.com
- New from LUSH Cosmetics, Toothy Tabs in Sparkle are perfect for when you’re on-the-go. These tooth cleansing tabs do the work of toothpaste without the mess. $3.95/box.
I’ll be carrying my jewelry in the Cannes Catherine Clutch, which is also a Stephanie Johnson bag. The gold fabric is so elegant, yet the bag is roomy enough to hold bangles and necklaces. I couldn’t resist showing off the necklaces, which I purchased from the Stella & Dot Fall Collection. The Bangles are from another new favorite, BaubleBar. Fashion-forward jewelry, fast shipping and your purchase comes wrapped with love.
The Trina Vivien Fashion Tote ($80, TrinaStyle.com) in Berry will be my Fashion Week workhorse. Made of strong nylon fabric, it’s roomy enough to carry everything I need–camera, notebook, pens, bottled water. I love that it’s versatile enough to wear over-the-shoulder, because I need a hands-free bag. The inside has roomy pockets, which will help keep me organized. Perfect!
Make sure to follow me on Twitter to keep up with the latest news as I cover Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week!