The Jenny Packham Autumn Winter 2012 collection reflected the mood of Film Noir, a genre of films characterized by dark mood lighting, and characters with even darker morals. In this collection, pretty pinks are brushed aside as blood red and Stanwyk silver hit the catwalk in the form of silk crepes, plunging necklines and figure-hugging silhouettes. Read on…
The makeup for this show was by Laura Mercier and featured gorgeous plum shades that will be big in makeup for Fall. Talia Shobrook, the lead makeup artist for the show, leveraged the collection’s seductive colors and shapes to create a makeup look that “evoked the mystery of the era, but translated it for the modern day woman.”
- Before applying Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation, Talia created the look of hollowed faces by applying dark shades of Laura Mericer Tinted Moisturizer Compact across the cheekbones (NEW: Available Fall 2012).
- She then applied Laura Mercier Primer Radiance on the nose, chin and cheekbones to create an illuminated, dewy effect on the skin.
LIPS: Shobrook then “modernized the era’s trademark blood red lips.”
- She first outlined the lips using a mixture of Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colours in Cocoa and Merlot and filled them with Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Pink Blush (NEW: Crème Smooth Lip Colours available Fall 2012). She then dabbed Laura Mercier Lip Plumper in Pink Pearl to the center of the lips to create a seductive sheen.
EYES: “Melodramatic and mysterious eye makeup that harks back to the soft focus effect of Film Noir camera lenses completed the look,” stated Shobrook.
- Talia created a seductive eye by sweeping Laura Mercier Luster Eye Colour in Starfruit across the brow bone and Laura Mercier Luster Eye Colour in Dusk across the lid, outer corner of the eye and under the lower lash line.
- She then accented the center of the lid with Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Violet Sky.
- Talia lined the entire eye with Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Brown Copper and blended it out with Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Tiger’s Eye.
Is this a makeup look that you like and would recreate at home? Let me know in the comments!