The beginning of summer always brings about a change of handbags and a change of attitude. Gone is heavy leather bag, to be replaced by a lightened-up straw purse or my beach bag.
One of my favorite summer handbags is the Emily Tassel Tote from Stephanie Johnson. This raffia tote is roomy enough to hold everything I need to power through my day, whether at the gym or headed to the beach. The lime green trim adds a stylish touch and is neutral enough to work with all my outfits. I love that a handbag can be an extension of your personality and can be changed with your mood. I make sure that my handbag has the essentials for whatever life throws at me.
Take a peek inside my summer handbag:
- Since it’s summer, I keep sunscreen everywhere, including my purse. This solid sunscreen makes it easy and convenient to stay safe.
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, which keeps lips moist and hydrated–I’m obsessed with the Lovesick shade. It’s a bright pink shade, perfect for summer. Long-lasting too!
- I’m working out a lot, so I need makeup that stays on and doesn’t smear through the sweat. Revlon ColorStay Smoky Shadow Stick goes the distance and still looks great up to 12 hours after.
- Another summer makeup staple is Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lengthening Mascara. This lengthening formula lasts up to 24 hours and is sweat, humidity and tear proof.
- Bottled water for staying hydrated and Heart Rate Monitor for working out
- Flip flops
Join ELLE and Revlon as they celebrate beauty and womens’ self confidence, personal style, and being prepared for any of life’s challenges. In collaboration with Revlon, ELLE will curate unique “power purses” (valued at $3,000 each including bag and contents). Some handbags will be “dropped” in diverse locations across the country and more will be virtual and available to all ELLE readers.
To join in on the fun, “like” Revlon on Facebook and head to the Purse-Uit of Power tab. You’ll want to check the Facebook page frequently for clues, daily giveaways and the chance to win the designer bag worth $3,000 (including bag and contents). You’ll want to head out to each bag drop event to get in on Revlon samples, make-overs, incentives, magazines and more!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. Even though I received payment and some company-provided samples for use and consideration, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.