MAC has just released the Heavenly Creature Colour Collection featuring 9 Mineralize Eye Shadows, 4 Mineralize Skinfinish and 4 Mineralize Blushes, orbited by 5 Lipsticks, 5 Cremesheen Glass and False Lashes Mascara. It’s a collection from another galaxy! Read on for my thoughts on the collection.
Of all the products MAC makes, I count the Mineralize Skinfinishes among my favorites. So when I saw the Heavenly Creature Collection of products, I was excited. The Heavenly Creature Collection includes the following:
- Invincible Light – Icy white, lavendar and warm gold melange
- Bright Moon – Grey, silver and icy green melange
- Earthly – Beige, peach and cool brown melange
- Aurora – Peach, green and brown melange
- Neo Nebula – Cream, Warm Amethyst and warm pink melange
- Magnetic Attraction – Orange, pink and gold melange
- Water – Yellow, lime green and blue melange
- Sky – Green, gold, turquoise and cobalt melange
- Universal Appeal – Gold, bronze and violet melange
- Solar Ray – Peach and gold melange
- Stratus – Amethyst and golden brown melange
- Supernova – Magenta and burnished gold melange
- Ring of Saturn – Terracotta and gold melange
- Light Year – Peachy pink with gold shimmer
- Star Wonder – Plummy-pink with multidimensional pearl
- Center of the Universe – Coral with gold shimmer
- Earthshine – Tarnished bronze with gold pearl and pink reflects
- Celestial Kiss – Pale cool peach
- Strictly Plutonic – Mid-tone pink brown
- Meteoric – Mid-tone vibrant coral
- Astral – Bright yellow pink
- Galaxy Rose – Mid-tone violet pink
- Pleasureseeker – Creamy peach (glaze)
- Venus – Sheer yellow pink with pearl (lustre)
- Cut A Caper – Mid-tone peachy pink (lustre)
- Cusp Of Dawn – Beiged pink (lustre)
- Fire Sign – Red pink (lustre)
I received a variety of pieces from the collection to preview, including Star Wonder Mineralize Skinfinish, Invincible Light and Neo Nebula Mineralize Eye Shadows and Supernova Mineralize Blush. For the face and blushes, I favor using the MAC 187 blush for application.
The Skinfinish is absolutely beautiful–the colors include plums, pinks with shots of gold. I apply it over a tinted moisturizer and love how it highlights and luminizes your skin. In addition to the Star Wonder shade that I received, I will also be picking up the Solar Ray shade, which is gorgeous. Skinfinish also works on bare skin to add radiance and glow.
The Mineralize Blush in Supernova is best applied over a bronzer, as the color is a little more intense. The Mineralize eyeshadow in Invisible Light worked better for me as a highlighting shade, because the predominant color in mine is white. Neo Nebula worked better, as I could pull out the individual colors to create a warm, wearable eye look.
Cremesheen Glass is my favorite gloss of MAC’s lip line. The creamy texture is nicely pigmented, feels good on the lips and isn’t sticky. I received Astral and Galaxy Rose, both great colors. These shades brighten up your face without being too much. Love!
Overall, I think MAC’s Heavenly Creature Collection is out of this world and I do plan to pick up additional shades. The MAC Heavenly Creature Collection is available July 5th through mid-August at all MAC counters. It’s already on the MAC website. Are you planning to pick up any of this collection? Let me know in the comments!