The MAC Electric Cool Collection is a an eyeshadow collection that features pigments fused with a high frost finish. The result? Eye-popping colors that are lightweight and blendable and sure to be noticed. Read on for more…
The MAC Electric Cool Collection is made up of 12 limited-edition shades (from left-right above) including:
- Pure Flash! – Pale champagne
- Love Power – Soft shimmering rose
- Dynamo – Mid-tone coral
- Coil – Copper bronze
- Superwatt – Light shimmering taupe
- Brilliantly Lit – Bright acid yellow green
- Fashion Circuit – Bright Kelly green
- Infra-Violet – Mid-tone pink violet with blue pearl
- Highly Charged – Rich purple with pink pearl
- Switch To Blue – Rich cobalt
- Blacklit – Black with multi-dimensional pearl
- Electroplate – Cool gunmetal grey
I received the Brilliantly Lit shade to preview and while at first I thought, “how am I going to wear this color?!”, it turned out alright. Surprisingly, Brilliantly Lit, when paired with brown or taupe shades, became quite neutral. The eyeshadow itself is softer than the usual MAC tablets and it’s recommended that the #249 Large Shader Brush be used for application, which makes sense, since it’s a softer brush. If you use a more stiff brush like a #239, you’ll dent the surface of the shadow.
Because of trying only one shade, I don’t know if the pigmentation is the same across the range of shades, but for the shade I did receive, I felt the color was well-pigmented and buildable.
Each shade in the MAC Electric Cool Collection retails at $17.50 and is available starting August 2nd at select MAC locations and www.maccosmetics.com. Is this a collection that you have to have? Let me know in the comments!