I’m leaving tomorrow for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and in addition to obsessing over what clothes I’ll be bringing, what to include in the makeup bag always presents a challenge. Take a peek at what made the cut…
The first priority is finding a makeup bag that’s large enough and sturdy enough to hold and protect my makeup. For that, I always turn to Stephanie Johnson. She’s a world-class traveler herself and really understands the need for storage and organization. The fabrics are always gorgeous and I never need worry about not having enough room to fit everything in. This season, I’m bringing the JENNY Train Case, along with the matching FIONA Dome Cosmetic bag (for my purse) from the Madison Avenue Essentials Collection. The dark black fabric has same-tone sequins; ultra-glamorous for New York!
Inside my bag, I’m bringing:
- For eyeshadow, I’ll be doing a variety of looks, so I’m packing: my Burberry Smokey Grey Eye Palette No. 01, NARS ‘And God Created the Woman Palette’, MAC Brownluxe Palette, CHANEL Ombre Essentielle Eyeshadow singles in 99 Hasard and 101 Gri-Gri.
- Eyeliners: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil (Jet), Guerlain Eye Pencil (Amber Silver), Estee Lauder Pure Color Intense Kajal EyeLiner (Blackened Plum), Laura Mercier Kohl Liner Extreme (Black) and NARS Eyeliner Stylo (Koala and Carpates).
- Blush: CHANEL Le Blush Creme de CHANEL (Destiny), Tom Ford Cheek Color (Love Lust), NARS 413 BLKR Multiple, Bobbi Brown Brightening Brick
- Mascara: MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash. Obsessed.
- Foundation: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk (#5), MAC Beauty Balm Compact SPF 30 (Medium)
- Concealer: Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer
- Powder: Hourglass Luminous Light in Ambient
- Primer: Eyes: Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials (Bare) and Face: new Clinique Superprimer (Universal)
- Lips: Jouer Tinted Lip Enhancer in Shiraz, Guerlain Rouge G (Madame Batifole), Dior Addict #745, MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick (Lush Life), NARS 413 BLKR, Fresh Sugar Plum Lip Treatment
- Nails: Dior Vernis Nail Enamel (#970 Nuit 1947)
I’m sure there will be last minute additions, but for the most part, this really will be what I’m taking (not including skincare!). If you want to read more on how I pack my beauty supplies, you can read a Makeup Wars post on beauty blogger travel.
Shop my makeup bag!