With nude collections taking over the beauty world these days, M·A·C gets into the arena with the Magnetic Nude Collection. Glimmering metallics and natural nudes redefine winter opulence. It’s the perfect time to re-introduce the Extra Dimension textures.
With the arrival of winter, it’s time to take a step back and think about the finishes that you’re using on your face. The air is drier and I know that I tend to favor cream blushes and eyeshadows. They give an extra luminosity and radiance that skin needs. Extra Dimension finishes made their appearance last year in the Glamour Daze Holiday Collection.
The M·A·C Magnetic Nude Collection includes:
Extra Dimension Eye Shadow – $19.50
- A Natural Flirt – iridescent light pink (metallic)
- Sweet Heat – soft peach pink (metallic)
- Platinum Love – bright clean silver (metallic)
- Amorous Alloy – deep terracotta copper (metallic)
- Silver Dawn – dirty grey mauve (metallic)
Fluidline – $16.50
- Chilled – frosted white gold (pearl)
- It’s Physical – brown with purple pearl (pearl)
- Our Secret – metallic brown with red pearl (pearl)
Opulash Mascara in Bad, Bad, Black $16
Magnetic Nude Lipstick – $15
- Close Contact – creamy peach (amplified)
- Sensual Sparks – dirty cool caramel (amplified)
- Carnal Instinct – deep brick red with gold pearl (frost)
- Morning Rose – soft cool rose (creme)
Magnetic Nude Lipglass – $15
- A Quiet Roar – creamy off-white
- Oh My Darling – pale yellow pink
- Overspiced – dirty muted coral
- Hell Bound – brick red with gold pearl
- Steel Kiss – dirty mauve with green pearl
Extra Dimension Blush – $25
- At Dusk – dirty cool pink (satin)
- Autoerotique – dirty coral rose (satin)
- Pleasure Model – soft terracotta with pearl (satin)
- Superb – soft peachy nude with multidimensional shimmer
- Magnetic Appeal – medium tan with fine gold sheen
- Fairly Precious – peach with dimensional pearly green
I’m a fan of the Extra Dimension products with their unique formulation; I call it a gel-cream to powder, and with extra luminosity. The star of this collection is the Extra Dimension Skinfinsh. I was lucky to be able to preview Superb and it’s a beautiful highlighter. Not too shimmery, it’s beautiful on cheekbones and decollete. As with any of the Extra Dimension products, you control the intensity. The 128 Split Fibre Cheekbrush is in this collection, however I find the 187 works fine.
The Blush in At Dusk is a beautiful light pink; very subtle and adds a beautiful glow to cheeks. For eyeshadow, I tried Silver Dawn and Amorous Alloy, both metallics. They look great paired together. A new brush, the 235 Split Fibre All Over Eye is being introduced; I use my 239 however and still get good results. The one product I received that I didn’t care for was the Fluidline in Chilled. It’s so light, I honestly don’t know how you could make this work. Of the lip products, the Carnal Instinct Lipstick is not to be missed, as is Hell Bound Lipglass; definitely my favorites!
The limited-edition M·A·C Magnetic Nude Collection goes on sale December 26, 2013 at all M·A·C locations; it’s online already at Nordstrom. There are so many great picks in this collection; will you be picking anything up?
Disclosure: Press samples have been provided by the brand/PR for editorial consideration, product testing and review. Affiliate links have been used in the post, which means a small commission is earned.