Here in the Midwest, winter seems to have taken up residence a little earlier than it did last year. That and a recent shopping trip to Chicago had me changing out my fall purse and replacing it with winter essentials. Here’s what I’m carrying in my handbag now…
I’ll start with my handbag, which is a vintage Louis Vuitton Vavin Hand Tote Bag in the classic monogram pattern. Love me some Louis! The top is open so it’s easy to see what I’m looking for. Inside you’ll find:
- My LV classic monogram Zippy Wallet (I’m that girl that matches her wallet to her handbag).
- 2014 Pocket planner; although I use the Sunrise app, I like a hard copy planner, too.
- Altoids and tissues.
- Winter accessories, including my Coach gloves (seriously, the softest leather), my H&M infinity scarf & Arctic 180’s. It’s COLD here!
- Hand sanitizer – this time of year? Mandatory. I like the pen-like dispenser (CVS).
- CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte
- Lippies, including a MAC Dash of Lavendar Tastitint (info), CHANEL Rouge Allure Velvet in La Desiree (review), FRESH Sugar Petal Lip Balm, Guerlain Gloss D’enfer in #402 (the most perfect nude lipcolor ever), Jack Black Lip Balm in Black Cherry, Chapstick 8 Hour Hydration Lock and Neutrogena Norweigan Formula Lip Moisturizer. Seven lippies is the bare minimum!
- Bath & Body Works Twisted Peppermint Hand Cream, Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream and Julep Hand and Cuticle Stick. My hands and nails are dry and irritated–trying to keep them moisturized.
- Speaking of dry and irritated, that also applies to my throat, so I’m keeping Ricola Original Herb and new Ricola Extra Strength Glacier Mint lozenges handy. I love the Glacier Mint flavored-drop and find that it keeps my throat lubricated and soothes the irritation. Extra Strength Glacier Mint combines a unique blend of ten natural Swiss alpine herbs, natural menthol and has a soothing syrup center.
Since this is a smallish-sized bag, I only travel with travel with tried-and-true essentials. And to help you stock your purse with the essentials, Ricola is sponsoring a giveaway and has created a special #swissherbs prize pack that includes a Ricola Soothing Relief Kit and a $100 Gift Card (VISA or MasterCard)!
To enter, you must use the Rafflecoptor widget below. Open to US residents only, aged 18 and older. The giveaway will end on 12/24/2013 at 12:00 EST. A winner will be selected and notified. If they do not respond within 48 hours, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner drawn. Good luck!