My dad always taught me that you need the right tool to get the job done and makeup application is no exception. There are endless brands of cosmetic brushes available, and as someone who loves makeup, I own quite a few brands of brushes myself. I was recently sent a set of Louise Young Cosmetic Brushes to evaluate and can’t wait to share them with you.
I have to confess that when I was first approached about trying out the Louise Young brushes, I didn’t know who Louise Young was. I learned that she’s a makeup artist from the U.K. with an impressive resume. Like a true artist, she has developed her own collection of professional-level brushes. When I received the set, I was blown away. These brushes are absolutely exquisite!
The brush set that I received includes:
- The LY20 Super Fan Brush (natural) ($42)
- The LY34 Super Foundation Brush (synthetic) ($41)
- The LY 48 Mini Super Foundation Brush (synthetic)
- The LY 38 Tapered Shadow Brush (natural) ($28)
- The LY 38B Tapered Shadow Brush, Slimmest, (natural) ($24)
- The LY 19 Taklon Eyeshadow Brush (synthetic) ($19)
- The LY 13 Mini Socket Brush (natural)
- The LY 31 Angled Sable Brow Brush (natural) ($21)
- The LY 24 Fine Liner Brush (natural) ($20)
- The LY 24B Superfine Liner Brush (natural) ($19)
- Brush roll
You can tell that Louise Young has put attention to detail at the heart of her brushes. As a makeup artist herself, she understands what she wants and needs from her brushes. What I love is that brushes feel great in your hand and actually do the work for you—the hallmark of a really great brush.
The Louise Young makeup brushes are nicely balanced, with well-attached ferrules and good crimping on the wooden handles. Both the natural hair and synthetic brushes are very soft with good shaping. I didn’t experience any shedding or fallout with use. Although I have many brands of makeup brushes in my collection (MAC, Trish McEvoy, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, NARS, Crown…) these are definitely the nicest of all and a pleasure to use.
You can find the Louise Young Cosmetic Brushes at Nordstrom. Whether you’re a makeup lover or pro, these brushes are a good investment. I wouldn’t hesitate to pick up a few more!