Jessica Biel hit it out of the park at last night’s 86th Academy Awards. She wore a gorgeous metallic dress by Chanel Haute Couture accentuated by Tiffany & Co. jewels. Her hair and makeup hit just the right notes, too. Read on for the 411:
Jessica’s hair was by L’Oreal Paris Consulting Celebrity Hairstylist Mara Roszak, who took inspiration from the CHANEL dress. “I wanted her hair to have that seem elegant, polished feel with a nod to old-Hollywood glam.”
The side-swept look has been one of Spring’s hottest hair trends — here’s how to recreate the look yourself.
- STEP 1: To start, when her hair was still damp, I applied L’Oreal Paris Oleo Therapy Perfecting Oil Essence from the middle to end of her hair. This helps smoothe the hair to make it silky and shiny.
- STEP 2: I then sprayed the L’Oreal Paris Boost It High Lift Creation Spray at the roots. Even though we were going for a smooth and sleek look, I still wanted her to have a little volume at the roots.
- STEP 3: I then I made a deep side part and blow dried her hair with a boar bristle brush.
- STEP 4: Once hair was blow dried straight and smooth, I used a 1 ½ curling iron and just curled the ends of hair to give it a bit of bend.
- STEP 5: Once I was done curling the hair, I sprayed the L’Oreal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Sleek It Strand-Smoother Serum Spray all over. This helped give the hair an ultra-sleek look, while adding a touch of shine.
- STEP 6: Even though the rain had stopped, I finished with the L’Oreal Paris Lock It Weather Control Hairspray to lock in the style and make sure Jessica would not have to worry about anything all night.
I love both the L’Oreal Paris Advanced Hairstyle range; I’ve reviewed a few of the products already (here). You can find these products in your local discount and drugstore.
- I prepped Jessica’ skin with moisturizing face and eye products, Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration and Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, to give her makeup a good base to stick to.
- Then, I used a damp Beauty Blender to apply ck one 3-in-1 face makeup with SPF 8 in fair 200, followed by ck one 3-in-1 concealer in light 1 underneath the eyes, around the nose, and along the edges of her mouth to even out her skin.
- I used Charlotte Tilbury Sculpt and Highlight Powder on the tops of Jessica’s cheekbones, down her nose, and on her cupid’s bow.
- I finished her skin with ck one cream + powder blush duo in breath 100 right on the apples of her cheeks and set it with the powder side of the product to give the look staying power throughout the night.
- For Jessica’s eyes, I started by using a fluffy brush to apply ck one cream + powder bronzer duo in deeply bronzed 400 all over the lid.
- Then, I used ck one powder eyeshadow in expose and evolved on the inner corners of the eye and along the lash line at the outer corners.
- I completed her eye with two coats of ck one volumizing mascara on the top lashes to pump up the lashes.
- Then, I applied the same mascara onto an eyelash comb and combed through the bottom lashes to slightly darken them.
- For Jessica’s lips, I used Tarte Lip Surgence in Lucky to cover her whole lip with a matte pink; I also used this product in the center of her lips to give dimension and add moisture to her look.
- Lastly, I gave Jessica’s lips a good coating of Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No-Shine Lip Balm to soak in while I did her eyes.
Did you have a favorite look from last night’s Oscar Red Carpet? Let me know in the comments!