Now that summer is here, it is admittedly a little harder to make the effort to get to my gym. But as we just passed the “half-year” mark, it’s important to stay on track with fitness goals and not let any hard-earned progress slide. I recently just bought a new gym bag; little things like that keep me motivated. See what I filled it with!
I found my gym bag at ShopBop. It’s a Bensimon Sport Duffel Bag and I like that it’s on the smallish side. It’s roomy enough for everything I need and it’s made of nylon, so it’s light. Inside, I’m pretty much all about the basics, which include:
- Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes and GUD From Burt’s Bees Orange Petalooza Natural Cleansing Wipes.
- Venus Snap with Embrace Razor. This razor is so cute and is smaller than the Venus & Olay razor I have in my shower, yet it delivers a close, comfortable shave and comes in it’s own case. Love!
- Secret Destinations Deodorant in Citrus Breeze, which is a clear gel (so no white marks on my shirts) and provides excellent odor/wetness protection. Especially since I usually do two cardio activies (walking + Zumba or spinning) back-to-back.
- A change of shoes; currently loving these NIKE Free 5.0 Cross trainers
- Fitness headbands from UnderArmour
- Post workout QuestBar; I like these because they are high protein with reasonably low sugar.
- And of course, my bluetooth headphones, Polar heart rate monitor and gear I can’t live without!
While most of what goes in my gym bag isn’t necessarily season specific, I do like the citrus-fragranced products for summer. What? No makeup you ask? I’m usually so hot and sweaty when I leave my gym, I wait until I get home to put on my makeup for the day.
Do you carry a gym bag? What do you stock it with? Let me know in the comments!