Red carpet events are always fun to watch and Monday night’s Emmy Awards were no exception. One of my favorites of the night was Zooey Deschanel, who dazzled in a bright pink Oscar de la Renta dress. Here’s the 411 on how to get her modern makeup and nail look.
Makeup was created by makeup artist Jorjee Douglass using soon-to-launch Charlotte Tilbury products (available in September at Nordstrom–I can’t wait!). “Normally for Zooey I use a coral-colored blush,” says Jorjee about how Zooey’s bright Oscar De La Renta gown encouraged her to try something new, “Charlotte Tilbury blush in Love Is The Drug gave Zooey just that subtle pop of pink that she needed!”
Here are a few key steps and products from the Charlotte Tilbury line that makeup artist Jorjee Douglass used to create the look:
1. To start, hydrate the skin to reduce any signs of dullness before hitting the red carpet with Charlotte’s Magic Cream – a product that helps treat and transform tired skin. Then, prep the face and eyes with The Retoucher Conceal & Treat Stick, which helped Zooey’s eyeshadow glide on smoothly and easily when applied to the lids.
2. Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow was mixed together with foundation and lightly applied all over the face to create just the right amount of low-lit glimmer to what otherwise was a youthful, matte look made possible with the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder, which helped to control shine.
3. Jorjee mixed-and-matched copper colors from two Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palettes in The Dolce Vita & The Golden Goddess for a pearly, beautifully radiant accentuated eye. To make Zooey’s eyes pop, Jorjee first dusted the lash line with a liquid liner then used Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon Colour Morphing Eyeshadow in Champagne Diamonds and Dark Pearl shade was used to accentuate the lash line by smudging the line slightly.
4. Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Swish & Pop Blusher in Love Is The Drug was applied to create a youthful flush with a fresh finish.
5. Zooey wore Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre for a brilliant mirror-shine finish that helped to create a 3-dimensional, voluminous pout.
Nails were done by Tom Bachik for L’Oréal Paris. “Zooey is sporting a super-hot pink dress, so I wanted to create a simple and classic look, playing up the tone-on-tone style. We wanted her nails to be clean and traditional, but with a fun, modern twist. I loved the idea of a reverse moon look on her. It’s architectural, straight and very sleek.”
- To recreate her nail look, start by polishing each nail using a baby pink shade, such as L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Nail Polish in I Pink I’m in Love ($5.99).
- Place electric pink nail art tape about 3/4 of the way down the nail in a horizontal line.
- Apply L’Oreal Paris Top of the Line Top Coat ($5.99) to seal in the look.
- Add a few drops of L’Oreal Paris Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil (review) ($24.99) directly onto nails and cuticles for extra moisturization and shine.
What I love about Zooey’s overall look is that it’s not too elaborate or fussy–one that we could definitely steal for ourselves! Who was your favorite on the Red Carpet? Let me know in the comments!