One of the easiest and most convenient ways to wear lip color is with a lip crayon. I absolutely love using lip crayons; they’re light, moisturizing and goof-proof. Perfect for a pop of color or to swipe on top of your lipstick to add a little punch. I picked out 10 favorites, in colors that are classics.
My Top 10 Favorite Lip Crayons include (in no particular order):
1. New from Clinique, the Chubby Stick has a baby sister…Baby Tint Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm ($17)! There are four shades in the collection (Coming up Rosy is shown) and they bring out your lips own, natural tone. Plus, you get hydration and shine. Love!
2. Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Lip Crayons ($8.99) use 100% natural ingredients to deliver six shades with creamy matte finish (not drying!) and pigmented color. Shown in Redwood Forest, this is a beautiful shade for Fall!
3. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils give legendary, pigmented color without being drying. As pigmented as a lipstick, I love this and the Satin Lip Pencil formula. Damned, shown here, is a gorgeous magenta shade.
4. I was so excited when M·A·C launched Patentpolish Lip Pencils ($20), as this has become one of my M·A·C mainstays. The formula is excellent; you get the color and shine of a gloss, in a twist-up crayon. Shown is Revved Up, from the Sharon Osbourne for M·A·C Collection.
5. L’Oreal Colour Riche® Glossy Balms ($7.99) are a brand new drugstore find that has quickly become a staple for me. With a fantastic selection of colors, there are 8 colors. Hydration, shine–these crayons have it all! Vintage Rose (above) and Lovely Mocha are my favorite shades.
6. Neutrogena MoistureSmooth ColorStick is a lip crayon I’ve used for a couple of years and always have a place for in my handbag. Very moisturizing, this is like a tinted lip balm, but more convenient. Rich Raisin is pictured; don’t worry that it looks dark; this is sheer coverage.
7. Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Radiant Rose ($14) is a shade that’s universally flattering. I love the formula, too. Not only do you get moisturizers like Jojoba Oil and Shea butter…you also get peptides for plumping and other nourishing ingredients.
8. One of my favorites from this summer’s Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Collection (review) is the Pure Color Lip Shine ($24) in Luscious Plum. Rich color with an amazing feel on the lips, I’m hoping this becomes part of the permanent collection!
10. Flower Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby in Life’s A Peach offers ingredients like Papaya and Orchid Hydrating Complex–you definitely don’t expect that at a price of under $8.00! The pencil is self-sharpening and has great color payoff. A nice find!
Lip Crayons are practical, as well as an inexpensive indulgence. Do you have a favorite? Let me know in the comments!