Do you ever get stuck looking at all of the makeup palettes out there, wondering if they’re a “must-have” or not? Truthfully, even I do! Sometimes I can instantly look at a palette and know…yep, this is one I need. Other times, it’s a matter of liking a few of the shades and deciding if the expenditure is worth it.
Today in Makeup Wars, we’re sharing our must-have palettes. For me, that means every color, every palette is a winner. I have not included any discontinued palettes; although I have many favorites that would qualify as must-haves. So you might have to chase them down, but this is my list of my Must-Have Palettes (in no particular order):
1. I love the new CHANEL Les 4 Ombre Multi-Effect Palettes ($61), which feature 4 eyeshadow shades: two for color/contrasting, one for highlighting and one more intense shade for definition. I’m honestly never disappointed in a CHANEL palette and I when I don’t know what else to grab, I reach for one and it’s always exactly right. (review)
2. The recently released Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Eyeshadow Palettes ($50) are so beautiful. Featuring 5 silky, almost creamy, eyeshadows with excellent pigmentation, the shades coordinate for a day or night look. I have the Defiant Nude and Current Desire palettes; both are incredible.
3. The M∙A∙C Brooke Shields Gravitas Palette ($85) is my everything right now; 15 eyeshadow shades in various finishes, every one a winner. Buying this “holy grail” palette was an easy decision for me. (review)
4. I’ve been such a fan of the Urban Decay ‘NAKED’ palettes, that it’s hard to believe they can get better. But with the new NAKED2 Basics Palette ($29), Urban Decay proves they own neutrals. This palette is a bit more cool-toned than the original; more taupey. The quality of the shadows is excellent, with long, crease-free wear.
5. The Tarte Rainforest After Dark Colored Clay Eye & Cheek Palette ($38) is so versatile–there’s eyeshadow, blush, bronzer and illuminator in the most wearable shades. These gorgeous colors are timeless, making this palette a smart investment. (review)
6. No list of palettes would be complete without NARS. One of my favorite palettes is the Narsissist Smokey Eye Palette ($59). Three perfect eyeshadow shades for a fab smokey eye. And if you have blue eyes, trust me…these shades make your eyes pop! (review)
7. One palette I keep reaching for over and over–and it’s not eyeshadow–is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette ($58). I have many finishing powders, but this palette gives me all the options I need in one place. I love the lit-from-within effect that the Ambient Lighting Powders provide (review). I don’t have the Ambient Blush Palette yet, but that’s on my list!
So many palettes, so little time! Is your must-have palette listed here? If not, make sure to share it with me in the comments. Then take a peek at the must-have palettes from the other Makeup Wars bloggers…