One of my favorite Red Carpet looks from the 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards was Reese Witherspoon. She was flawless, wearing a silver sequined Calvin Klein Collection gown. Hair was by celebrity hairstylist Adir Abergel and makeup was by celebrity makeup artist Molly R. Stern for Laura Mercier. We’ve got the breakdown on how to get the look!
“Simplicity, modernity, and effortless texture were my key elements to creating this style,” said Adir, who created chic waves with a clean side part for Reese. The deep side part was a trend that I saw many stars wearing; it’s ultra-glam.
- Adir started by creating a severe side part and then applied John Frieda Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth Frizz-Immunity Primer to towel-dried hair to serve as the perfect styling base.
- To continue building the perfect foundation for this style, Adir spritzed John Frieda Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray from roots to mid-shaft and then just concentrated on roots with John Frieda Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion.
- Next, he rough dried hair until it was nearly dry which helped bring out the natural texture and increase volume. Then, using a medium-sized boar bristle brush, Adir blow-dried the top front section in a sweeping direction to create a beautiful sweep of hair, which can also help to hide shorter bangs underneath.
- After blow-drying the rest of hair smooth, Adir used a 1 ¼” curling iron to wave hair from mid-shaft to ends, leaving the ends more undone.
- To finish the look, Adir pulled hair over to one side and secured it with a few bobby pins, making sure the opposite side of cascading hair was pulled tight. He then locked in the style by misting Frizz EaseKERAFLEX Flexible Hold Hairspray for a flawless finish.
Molly used a variety of skincare products to prep Reese’s skin before makeup application, including RéVive Serum Presse Illuminating Skin Firmer and Moisturizing Renewal Cream Retexturizing Hydrator.
Stern then applied Laura Mercier Silk Crème Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation in Cream Ivory, ($48 available in April) to ensure Witherspoon’s complexion looked “clean and bright.” She followed by adding an intense flush to the apples of Witherspoon’s cheeks, giving her the look of “vibrant heat,” by applying Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze, ($25) topped with Kevyn Aucoin The Pure Powder Glow in Fira – Mango, ($37).
The inspiration for Reese’s eye look was a “golden wash of colour” on the lids, with a smoky look underneath the lash line. Her goal was for the actress’ eyes to look defined and sultry. She applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Black Karat, ($24), then smudged Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Gilded Gold, ($28) on Witherspoon’s upper lids, “creating a brilliant sheen to compliment her sterling silver gown.” Then, she roughly lined the upper and lower lash lines using Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Noir, ($24). Lastly, Stern coated her lashes twice using Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara, ($25).
To complete the look, Stern created wine-stained lips by applying Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Merlot ($27) topped off with a gold gloss for a luminous sheen.
Who was your favorite look from the Golden Globes? Let me know in the comments!
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in the post, which means a small commission is earned when you purchase through the site.