There’s nobody that loves a day at a spa more than I do. A place to rest, recharge, rebalance…it’s good for the soul. But sometimes I just don’t have a whole day (or night) to get away. I’ve put together a simple spa kit that contains everything I need for a DIY Spa Day; you can too!
My DIY Spa Day kit includes:
1. The Bausch + Lomb Therapearl Eye Mask
2. The Bed Buddy® At Home Comfort Wrap
3. Aquis Essentials Microfiber Headband
4. Soap & Glory Flake Away Shea Butter, Sugar and Peach Seed Powder Spa Body Polish
5. Clarisonic Sonic Radiance Brightening Solutions set
6. Clinique Even Better Brightening Moisture Mask
7. Phytoceane Youth Smoothing Cream
8. Butter London Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer in Shop Girl
9. L’Occitane Pivoine Flora Hand Creme and Tinted Lip Balm
10. A candle…currently loving Nest Fragrances Ocean Mist candle
The first thing I do in preparation for a spa day is to slip into my favorite spa robe and tuck a heated Bed Buddy® Comfort Wrap around my neck. There are also foot boots available that are sublime to use in the winter. I like to put on some relaxing music (yes, I have a “Spa” playlist just for the occasion), then light a candle and have a cup of tea.
By the time I’ve finished my tea, I’m ready to start my “treatments”. First up is an invigorating shower with a thorough body scrub. I love the Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish. Once out, I follow with a facial cleansing using my Clarisonic, then I apply a face mask. I’ve always been a huge fan of Clinique masks and the new Clinique Even Better Brightening Skin Mask is excellent. Once that’s on, I set my clock for 20 minutes, put on the Therapearl Eye Mask over my eyes and relax. This eye mask can be used warm or cool, but I’m obsessed with leaving it in the refrigerator and applying it when my eyes need a break. It also helps reduce undereye puffiness.
When I’ve completed and washed off the facial mask, I’ll finish with a nice moisturizer. Phytoceane Youth Smoothing Cream is a luxurious marine-based skin treatment that leaves skin soft, smooth and glowing. Sometimes at this point I’ll change nail polishes; Butter London is out with new Patent Shine 10X and it’s seriously long wearing and extremely chip-resistant in my testing. It has a gel-like finish and fantastic shine. If I don’t have time for a mani, I’ll apply L’Occitane Pivoine Flora Hand Cream and Tinted Lip Balm. I adore the peony fragrance!
Do you ever plan an at-home spa day? If you have any great tips, make sure to let me know!