Do you change your hair products to adapt to the season? Summer, with it’s high humidity can present challenges, like frizziness. In my case, the humidity has the opposite effect…my hair goes completely flat. In today’s Makeup Wars, we’re sharing our favorite problem-solvers for fighting the frizz, and volumizers to fight flat hair.
To fight the frizz, these are the products that I would recommend (in no particular order):
- John Frieda Frizz-Ease Original Serum
- Moroccanoil® Treatment (Original formula)
- Living proof® No-Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream
These products really do make a difference when humidity rises. Frizz-Ease is a classic…and a great drugstore buy. Moroccanoil was a game-changer; it helps seal the hair’s cuticle to reduce frizziness and maintain a smooth appearance. The Living proof® line also has many excellent formulas for fighting humidity and frizziness.
To add volume, these are my go-to products (in no particular order):
- Alterna Bamboo Sustainable Volume Spray (one of my top products of 2014!)
- Aveda Volumizing Tonic – I am literally never without a bottle!
- Kerastase K Mousse Bouffante Luxurious Volumizing – this mousse formula gives serious volume
- Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray
These are the hair products that, not only do I rotate through on a regular basis, but have also seen time and time again backstage at New York Fashion Week. I’ve used Aveda Volumizing Tonic forever; it’s my gold standard that I compare every other volumizer against; plus, I love the fragrance it imparts.
Make sure to check out the problem-solvers of the other beauty bloggers participating in today’s Makeup Wars!