Photo: Eric Charbonneau/Invision for the Television Academy/AP Images
Sarah Hyland dazzled at last night’s 67th Annual Emmy Awards…she was one of my picks for best of the night on the red carpet. Sarah was styled by Brad Goreski, who selected a deep burgundy Zac Posen dress, complemented by Lorraine Schwartz earrings, a sexy smoky eye and burgundy nails to complete the look.
One of the major trends of the red carpet was the emphasis on shorter bobs. Sarah’s hair was done by Ryan Richman for L’Oréal Paris, who opted for a messy tousled wave.
To get the look:
- Step 1: First, Ryan prepped damp hair by spraying a generous amount of L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT Blow Out HeatSpray ($4.99), focusing at the root. He used a wide-toothed comb to distribute product throughout the hair and create a deep side part.
- Step 2: Using a blow dryer and his fingers, Ryan rough dried the roots until halfway dry. He picked up a medium boar bristle round brush to finish drying each section – being careful not to over-smooth the hair – for added volume and a little natural texture.
- Step 3: He next used a 1″ flat iron on medium heat to create a tousled wave, spraying L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold ($14.99) on each section before curling, and holding the flat iron vertically facing down clamp a 1″ section of hair at the base of the head. In a fluid motion, he twisted the iron and pushed downward to create a loose beachy wave. Ryan alternated directions of the wave as he moved throughout the hair for a beautiful tousled-texture result.
- Step 4: To follow, Ryan rubbed a small amount of L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle TXT IT Hyper-Fix Putty ($4.99) into the palms of his hands. Focusing at the root, he worked the product through the hair roughly with his hands.
- Step 5: Last, he used a bobby pin to secure the small side of the part behind Sarah’s ear and misted L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold ($14.99) all over the hair to lock in the style.
Sarah’s makeup was by Allan Avendaño for Dior Beauty. “To prep Sarah’s skin, I used her longtime fave Dior Dreamskin and the brand-new Dior Prestige La Crème, which we both are now also really loving. The new fall Dior 5-Couleurs eyeshadows (from the Cosmopolite Collection) were perfect for the dark purple smoky eye look with a shimmery finish that we were going with, paired with a new nude from the new Dior Addict Lipstick collection.”
Key products used for Sarah’s look include:
- Skin: Dior Capture Totale Dreamskin Perfect Skin Creator
- Eyes:Diorshow Pro Liner Waterproof in Pro Purple #582Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara in Over Black #090Diorshow Brow Styler Gel in Brown #003Dior ‘Sourcils Poudre’ Powder Eyebrow Pencil in Brown #593Dior 5 Couleurs ‘Cosmopolite’ Eyeshadow Palettes in Eclectic #866 and Exubérante #766
- Lips:Dior Crème De Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm (love this!)Dior Addict Lipstick in Tailleur Bar #535
Nails were done by Celebrity Manicurist Christina Aviles for Opus Beauty. She started by prepping nails with Maxus Nail Strengthener, then used Essie Berry Naughty Nail Polish and finished with ‘Matte About You’ Finisher.
Who was your favorite on the Emmy’s red carpet?
Disclosure: Affiliate links have been used in the post, which means a small commission is earned when you purchase through the site. Thanks for supporting Beauty411!