Today’s Top 10 List is on our best makeup foundations. Since I use foundations in every formula: liquid, powder, cream and in all price ranges, I thought I would use that approach for today’s post.
These are my favorite/best makeup foundations for all skin types and in all price ranges:
1. bareMinerals Bareskin Brightening Serum Foundation SPF 20 (review), $29
2. CHANEL Lift Lumiere Firming and Smoothing Fluid Makeup (review), $67
3. Clinique Beyond Perfecting Powder Foundation + Concealer, $27
4. COVERGIRL Ready, Set, Gorgeous Foundation (review), under $10
5. Estee Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Makeup (review), $45
6. IT Cosmetics CC+ Veil Beauty Fluid Foundation (review), $38
7. MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation (review)
8. MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation (review), $50
9. Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)able Full Coverage Foundation Concentrate, $55
10. NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation (review), $38
11. Urban Decay NAKED Skin Ultra Definition Liquid Foundation (review), $40
As you can see, I like a variety of formulas, depending on the season of the year, how my face is feeling–I really change it up. Since I’ve previously reviewed all but two, let’s focus on those. Clinique Beyond Perfecting Powder Foundation + Concealer is a lightweight, 2-in-1 foundation that’s great for those with normal, combination skins or oily skins. Imparts a flawless matte finish that controls shine, while keeping skin hydrated. With this formula, you can build coverage as you need it.
Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Full Cover Foundation Concentrate is a full coverage, matte-finish, oil-free serum foundation that feels weightless on the skin. Although I rarely wear a full coverage foundation, I was impressed with the light feel of this on the skin. No oxidation, either. I think normal, combination and oily skins might benefit most. For dry skins, I’d definitely recommend using a primer first. I used the Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer, along with the Buffing Foundation Brush for best results.
Make sure to check out the best foundations from the rest of the Top 10 team!