MAC has just-released the new Eyes on MAC Anniversary Collection, which updates one of last year’s best releases; the Eyes on MAC Collection. This year, MAC serves up another round of well-edited, color-coordinated eyeshadow palettes that are stunning. Let’s take a look!
The Eyes on M·A·C Anniversary Collection includes:
Eyeshadow Palettes X9 ($32), including:
- Amber X9 Palette (Georgia Peach, Cozy Grey, Creative Copper, Cork, Ricepaper, Kitties, Aromatic, Don’t Tell and Pepper Please)
- Burgundy X9 Palette (#Noir, Honey Lust, Quarry, Antiqued, Star Violet, Haux, Embark, Sketch and Poppyseed)
- Dusky Rose X9 Palette (Cool Complement, Frankly Frosty, M·A·Cnificent Me!, Fabulous DNA, In My Element, Pleasing to the Eye, Sable, Quiet Time and Dance in the Dark)
- Navy X9 Palette (Silver Fog, Blonde Mink, Cloudscape, JG Gray, Club, Mulled Over, Cast Iron, Copper Plate and Black Tied)
- Pastel X9 Palette (New Nude, Fresh Innocence, Spice Bar, Flounce, Free Roaming, Restless Rose, Spring Moon, Greystroke, Sweet Green)
- Purple X9 Palette (Sweet Lust, Poignant, Mancatcher, After Dusk, Beauty Marked, Satellite Dreams, Shadowy Lady, Lightly Sugared and Bon Nuit)
Eyeshadow Palettes X15 ($65), including:
- Cool Neutral X15 Palette (Flounce, Sweet Allure, Sun Tweaked, Blackberry, After Dusk, Pick Me Up, Crushed Clove, Cozy Grey, Deception, Brun, Silver Fog, French Clay, Cumulus, Pearled Earth and Black Tied)
- Mellow Moderns X15 Palette (Beaded, Goldmine, Chains of Love, Cork, Carbon, Orb, Plummed, Luscious, Soft Brown, Trax, Retrospeck, Persuade, Greensmoke, Felt and Print)
- Warm Neutral X15 Palette (Hey, Warm Breeze, Gingersnap, Dark Brew, Dance in the Dark, Brulé, Vanilla Extract, Honey Lust, Amber Lights, Saddle, Lemon Tart, Butterfudge, Creative Copper, Unwind, Divine Decadence)
- Nordstrom Now X15 Palette (Exclusive) (Brulé, Goldbit, Bamboo, It’s Personal, Buckwheat, Beigey, Wedge, Coquette, Chains of Love, Mystery, Lovesmoke, Fashion Beat, Chic as Can Be, Magic Moor and Black Tied)
I was able to preview two palettes from the new Eyes on MAC Anniversary Collection; the Amber X9 and the Cool Neutral Palettes. I absolutely love the curated palettes from MAC. I would never be able to pull just the right colors together into one cohesive palette on my own.
So that you could see the difference, I placed the original Amber X9 (left, 2015) next to the new Amber X9 Palette (right, 2016). This year’s edition has more of a warm feel, as compared to last year’s. I adore the mix of finishes and the compact size, which is perfect for on-the-go touchups or travel. The color payoff is equally as good in both versions.
The Cool Neutral Palette has 15 shades of eyeshadow. This palette has a nice range of shades, from pinks, to taupes and browns. I was a little surprised there weren’t many grey shades, or even Carbon, but overall the colors work well together. Each shadow measures approximately 1″ by 1″. The fact that the 15 pan palette retails for $65 makes this really reasonable, as compared to buying the single shadows. Pigmentation is good in this palette; no issues with excessive fallout in the one I tested.
The Eyes on MAC Anniversary Collection is available now at MAC counters, including Nordstrom and at maccosmetics.com. Do you plan on buying any of the palettes? Let me know!