One of my beauty essentials for Spring and Summer is bronzer. Sweeping on a bronzer, whether on bare skin or over a makeup base, gives the face a brightened, healthy glow. Bronzer, mascara and a lippie…5 minutes and you’re out the door, still looking presentable.
I always look forward to sharing the season’s best, and in my opinion, these are this year’s Best Bronzers for Spring and Summer: (not listed in any particular order)
1. NARS Hot Sand/Orgasm Blush Duo – released for spring, this is one of my favorite combinations!
2. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Pinwheel in Perfectly Lit – gorgeous skinfinish formula w/combination of 4 shades
3. Elizabeth Arden Sunset Bronze Prismatic Bronzing Powder – 2 shade choices; love the stripes of gold + shimmer
4. PUR Cosmetics Glow Together Bronzer – jumbo compact w/combination of 3 shimmer + 3 matte shades
5. Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer – because of the conditioning formula, this is a good choice for mature skins; coconut fragrance
6. lune+aster Baked Bronzer in Kona – matte finish, two shade choices; Kona is great for fair-skinned gals!
7. Urban Decay Beached Bronzer – two shade choices, Sunkissed and Bronzed; the tropical motif on the case is a great touch!
8. Dior Diorskin Nude Air Glow Powder – 2 shade choices available, each with multicolored, silky sheer powder; weightless texture.
9. Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Gelée Bronzer – gel formula, one universal shade that has pearlized pigments; easy to work with, natural look. Good for all skin types.
Hall of Fame Bronzer
Guerlain Terracotta Pause d’Eté’ Collector Bronzing Powder Duo
My ‘Hall of Fame’ Bronzer is Guerlain. Whether it’s the Terracotta Original Bronzing Powder, which was my first bronzer purchase or the exceptionally beautiful limited-edition seasonal releases, Guerlain sets the gold standard. This year’s seasonal release, Terracotta Pause d’Eté’ Collector Bronzing Powder, is stunning. The base color is Terracotta 03 Natural Brunettes, and a rose-gold shimmer in an intertwined rope pattern surrounding the Guerlain logo. The bronzer is housed in a wooden case, and is fragranced with notes of white musk, orange blossom and tonka bean. It’s just gorgeous! The Terracotta Bronzing Powder Brush makes application a breeze.
The majority of the other bronzers I’ve listed are powders that have a bit of a shimmery finish, for a natural, sunkissed look. If you like more of a golden glow, choose a bronzer with a bit more gold and shimmer, such as the Elizabeth Arden Sunset Bronze Prismatic Bronzing Powder. The option of a matte finish is nice for those with oily skins. While many of the highlighting/contouring palettes available now include a shade that could be used as a bronzer, for the purposes of this post, I didn’t include them.
Many bronzers come with their own applicators, but in general, I prefer my own. I have many bronzer brushes and have talked about them in previous bronzer posts, but I’m obsessed with the Make Up For Ever 124 Straight & Wavy Kabuki Brush.
If you’re interested in more bronzers, check out this Favorite Bronzer post!
Make sure to check out the top bronzers from the rest of the Makeup Wars team today!