Body treatments often get overlooked in the beauty world…they’re just not as sexy as the latest highlighting palette. Great body treatments are essential in the summer, when bare skin is in. They might not be the flashiest weapon in your beauty arsenal, but are important. Read on for some of my favorites!
My favorite body treatments for summer include:
- Body Scrub: I’m obsessed with the Herbivore Botanicals Coco Rose Coconut Oil Body Polish ($36). This sugar-rich scrub is great at exfoliating, the scent is divine.
- Body Wash: The new Dove Purely Pampering Sweet Cream with Peony nourishes skin, while pampering you with a rich lathering experience.
- Body Lotion: Enlite Body A Glow Glow is a shimmering glycolic body lotion (created exclusively for CVS), which helps to exfoliate skin while imparting shine with a subtle hint of bronze. For a basic no-nonsense year-around body lotion, I like AVEENO Daily Moisturizing Lotion.
- Deodorant: A good deodorant is a must during warm weather; new Secret Outlast Xtend ($3.99) provides extended odor protection…up to 48 hours! Available in Invisible Solid or Clear Gel formulas, a necessity for revealing summer fashions.
- Razor: Get ready for bare skin with the Venus Swirl Razor ($12.99). The FLEXIBALL™ gets around areas like ankles and knees for a smooth, close shave.
- Self-Tanner: I’m a huge fan of Vita Liberata and the new 3 in 1 Self Tan Dry Oil ($54) builds natural looking color, while drenching skin in moisture. Plus, with the SPF 50, you have built-in sun protection!
- Foot Cream: Love flip-flops in the summer, but hate the calluses you can sometimes get? Try CND Spa Cucumber Heel Therapy, which includes alpha hydroxy acids to break down rough calluses as it hydrates and soothes. Look for it in salons.
- Lip Treatment: New from Guerlain, I’m already obsessed with Super Lips Lip Hero ($29.50), a hydrating lip treatment with antioxidants to smooth and plump. And it smells/tastes like cookies!
- Face Peel: M-61 Power Glow Peel ($28) is a glycolic/salicylic acid peel for instant radiance. The formula contains chamomile and lavender for calming, plus Vitamin K and antioxidants. Use 2-3 times per week, and don’t forget to be diligent with sunscreen!
- CLARISONIC Smart Profile™ Face and Body Set ($265) This Clarisonic device comes with two brushes for head-to-toe professional cleansing and radiant skin. My advice? Get the Head to Toe Brush Collection, too, which also has the Pedi Brush and Pedi Disc!
What are your favorite summer body products?