In the beauty world, there are classics and there are classics. Products that have stood the test of time or have achieved cult-classic status by makeup artists and those in the know. These are the beauty products that live up to the hype and are worth the splurge. In no particular order, I’ve compiled 10 of the best loved, cult-classic beauty products.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer was a game-changer for me. This tinted-moisturizer meant freedom from constantly wearing a heavy foundation and a more natural approach to makeup.
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve has been a classic for years. The perfect “just-bitten” lip color, it’s moisturizing, soothing and inexpensive.
- MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick: If you’re looking for a true, richly pigmented, red lipstick, MAC Ruby Woo is the standard. Loved by makeup artists, celebrities and beauty fanatics the world over.
- Do you even remember life before the beautyblender?! The beautyblender® completely revolutionized makeup application. Yes, there were makeup sponges before thebeautyblender, but not in the distinctive “egg” shape. Essential for foundation (and concealer) application. Can’t live without one!
- Essie Mademoiselle Nail Polish is the perfect shade of pale pink. It doesn’t compete with clothes or make a statement, it’s just simple, chic and always right.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion has been a favorite for over 45 years! It boosts hydration, strengthens the skin’s barrier function, absorbs quickly and there is formulas for all skin types (review).
- YSL Touche Éclat: This radiance-enhancing pen changed everything. It’s the “original” highlighter! Shadows disappear, the face becomes brighter and more illuminated. It’s said that a Touche Eclat is sold every 10 seconds somewhere in the world (review).
- L’Oreal Paris Elnett Hairspray is a legendary beauty product that deserves to be called a classic. Elnett is beloved by professionals and women all over the world for hair that you can comb through, isn’t sticky and holds your style all day.
- When I think of iconic, classic makeup products, I have to include NARS Orgasm Blush. This peachy-pink shade with soft gold shimmer looks right on nearly everyone. It’s a shade that gives you that healthy glow, no matter your age or skintone.
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara has been out for over 40 years. Chances are when you bought your first mascara, it was Great Lash. Still going strong, millions of women love this mascara for it’s great formula that resists clumping.
I could have easily listed more cult-classic beauty products…my beauty storage is filled with them. Many of today’s newer products could also be considered cult-classics; game changers like Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, the original bareMinerals Foundation and Diorshow Mascara.
What are some of your favorite cult-beauty products?