Are you into unicorns or rainbows? Because BECCA Cosmetics had you in mind when they came up with the new holographic/kaleidoscopic line of Light Chaser Highlighters and Liquid Crystal Lip Topper Glow Glosses! Color that shifts and changes as the light catches it. And oh, the glow!
Both the Light Chaser Highlighters and the Liquid Crystal Lip Topper Glow Glosses were inspired by raw gemstones melted into liquid form. It’s definitely taking highlighting to next-level status.
There are six color-changing Light Chaser Highlighters that can be used on the face or the eyes, including (left to right):
- Amethyst Flashes Geode – lavender duo-chrome with a blushed garnet shift
- Opal Flashes Jade – golden opal pear with a teal sapphire shift
- Rose Quartz Flashes Seashell – rose with a hot pink shift
- Pearl Flashes Gold – creamy pearl with a golden shift
- Topaz Flashes Gilt – golden bronze with a soft emerald shift
- Champagne Dream Flashes Bellini – soft peach with a rose gold shift (not pictured)
The Light Chaser Highlighters are similar in feel to the Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed formula, and in fact, we got a little preview of this product when Becca released the Prismatic Amethyst Highlighter. The way the colors shift when light hits it is really a beautiful effect. I love using the Light Chaser Highlighter on my eyes; all you need is to finish with mascara and your eyes are done.
The Liquid Crystal Lip Topper shades include:
- Amethyst X Geode – lavender duo-chrome with an aquamarine shift
- Champagne Dream X Bellini – soft peach with a rose gold shift
- Opal X Jade – golden opal pearl with a teal sapphire shift
- Pearl X Gold – creamy pearl with a golden shift
- Rose Quartz X Seashell – rose with a hot pink shift
- Topaz X Gilt – golden bronze with a soft emerald shift
The Liquid Crystal Lip Toppers are very comfortable to wear, with a wet, glossy finish. You can wear them alone or as a topper over a lipstick, which is quite nice. There is a multidimensional, otherworldly, kaleidoscopic effect when the light hits.
Each highlighter has a complimentary lip topper shade. You can wear safely wear the Light Chaser Highlighter and the Liquid Crystal Lip Topper together; the effect is not garish or over the top.
The limited-edition BECCA Cosmetics Light Chaser Highlighters ($34 each) and Liquid Crystal Lip Topper Glow Glosses ($22 each) are available now at Sephora and beccacosmetics.com. Do you plan on picking up any of these game-changers?
Disclosure: Press samples have been provided by the brand/PR for editorial consideration, product testing, photography and review. Affiliate links have been used in the post; see Disclosure Policy for additional information.