Now that October has landed, along with the falling leaves and cooler temperatures, I’m ready to make the shift to more autumn-inspired eyeshadow shades. While the “sunset eye” colors of reds and oranges, are still popular, I can’t wait to start experimenting with plums, pinks and burgundies.
Metallic textures are still having a moment, both in eyeshadow and on lips. The best eyeshadow palettes that I’ve found for fall have a mix of textures…metallics, glitters and mattes are dominant. While neutrals are still the backbone of any makeup bag, the punched-up colors being shown this Fall will make a statement.
These are the best eyeshadow palettes (new, coming soon and a few classics) for Fall 2017!
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Eye-Conic Palette in Provocouture* (review) – A gradient of pinks with excellent color payoff.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Lustrous Shadow Palette – This new holiday release of 12 Artist Colors has 9 matte and 3 metallic eyeshadows in bold and neutral shades.
- Natasha Denona Lila Eyeshadow Palette – The palette consists of 15 purple-hued shadows in four finishes…chroma crystal, creamy matte, duo-chrome and metallic. Exquisite quality. A splurge, but worth it!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette* – The colors in this palette say “fall” to me more than any other, and the quality of the shadows, and color payoff is exceptional. Five stars!
- Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes Eyeshadow Palette – I was impressed with the pigmentation and color payoff of this palette, compared to others from Too Faced. Don’t hesitate if these are your colors.
- MAC Burgundy X9 Eyeshadow Palette (review) – This palette is a mini-showcase of burgundy favorites!
- Viseart Golden Hour Eyeshadow Palette -The newest Viseart palette out, this one is all about the shades of the “Golden Hour”, when the sun sets and the lighting is perfect.
- Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette* (review) -One of my favorite palettes of the year, regardless of season.
- PÜR PRO Palette X Etienne – 18 eyeshadow shades curated by makeup artist Etienne Ortega, in shades that work on all skin tones.
- Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette – Although I haven’t seen this in person yet, the combination of rich shades and textures (glitters!), makes it a must on any wishlist.
- Smashbox ‘Golden Hour’ Cover Shot Eye Palette* (review) Great color payoff in a portable palette.
- Charlotte Tilbury Instant Eye Palette – Stunning, as you would expect from Charlotte Tilbury! (see comments below)
- BECCA Cosmetics Après Ski Glow Collection Eye Lights Palette – This new eyeshadow palette features the shades of the Shimmering Skin Perfector Highlighter in a new formula for eyes! Love!
I ordered the Charlotte Tilbury Instant Eye Palette on the pre-sale a couple of weeks ago. This is a holiday release (coming soon), and it’s gorgeous. Everything from the glam art-deco packaging, to the buttery soft neutral eyeshadows organized by “looks”, this is a palette worth the investment. There are a mix of textures, including mattes and shimmers. Even though I have neutral palettes, I can easily say I don’t have a neutral palette like this.
What eyeshadow palettes have you been grabbing lately? I feel the pain of being tempted with all the new releases; going on a “no-buy” is impossible!