It's the Beauty411 Weekend Digest…here's what made my radar this week…
- Did you know that Julia Roberts is the newest Lancôme Brand Ambassador? “I think I have to
stand up straighter and wash my face more,” Roberts laughed. “It’s kind
of like every girl’s dream, really,” she continued, referring to her
role with the L’Oréal-owned brand. “To be 42 and have three kids and be
a working mom, it’s a great moment to be asked to do this and to be
able to do it. I think it says a lot about Lancôme and what they stand
for.” Find the complete article at WWD.
- Bobbi Brown will be launching a video contest! She wants to hear how you go from Pretty to Powerful using Bobbi Brown
Cosmetics. Now through February 9th, makeup devotees are invited to
share their transformative stories and tips by submitting videos. Once finalists are chosen, consumers can vote on the best videos. For every vote cast in the Pretty Powerful contest, Bobbi Brown will donate $1 to Dress for Success*, an organization close to Bobbi's heart that provides underprivileged women with interview suits and career development advice. To submit a video, or for more information, visit Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful Contest.
- Have you ever wondered what shade of foundation you are from one beauty brand to the next? Christine of Temptalia, has started a foundation matrix; a fantastic cross-reference tool. Check out her post here with all the details, as well as the spreadsheet. Love it!
- I'll admit it. One of my "must-see" T.V. shows is Project Runway; I'm hooked! At myLifetime.com, not only can you find videos of the latest Project Runway shows, but Tim Gunn has a blog with all of his thoughts about each week's episode; so does Carol Hannah–one of Season 6's Bryant Park finalists.
- Savings alert! From January 24-30 you can receive 20% off your entire purchase at ULTA.com
using coupon code 20680!
In addition ULTA is also offering a Buy 1 Get 1 50% deal as well as 3
ULTA Bath products for only $15. Great time to stock up or try a new product, like Revlon PhotoReady Foundation, which I recently reviewed.
- If you've wanted to use a highlighter or illuminating product but were unsure of the technique, Caitlin at College Candy offers up application tips, as well as a suggestion for an economical alternative!
That's it for this week's edition of the Beauty411 Weekend Digest. See you back on Monday with coverage of one of Spring's prettiest color collections!