Weekends are a busy time, so here's the news that made my radar this week at Beauty411:
- Is there anything Beyoncé can't do? Singer, actor, fashion designer, superstar–now add "perfumer" to the mix. To celebrate the launch of her debut fragrance,
Beyoncé Heat, on Tuesday, February 2nd, New Yorkers will catch the fever as Beyoncé turns up the
heat in Union
Square. The area will be lit up from 6:00 pm til midnight with
fiery red light and smoky fog, infusing the winter landscape with a steamy, sexy
aura that embodies Beyoncé’s unique appeal. Sounds like fun!
- Lots of companies are putting together special ways to help Haiti, but one of my favorites is from Bliss. Now through March 31st, Bliss will be donating 75% of the
purchase prices of glamour gloves and softening socks to the U.S. Fund for
UNICEF in support of relief efforts in Haiti. Additionally, spa guests can make
a $1 contribution to support the fund. Get more information at Bliss.
- One of my favorite beauty/spa brands is Darphin. I received word this week that Darphin.com is now making online shopping easy and hassle free with
complimentary standard shipping year round on all orders – no
offer codes necessary. I think that's great–and I wish more of my favorite beauty websites would follow Darphin's lead. If you've never tried Darphin, you can read my review of Cleansing Milky Emusion, a great cleanser, here.
- Today (Saturday, Jan. 30th) is the last day to pick up the Lancôme Gift with Purchase at Saks Fifth Avenue. Spend $50 with Lancôme and here’s
what you can walk away with: A black mini bowling bag filled with a slew of
makeup samples, such as a Color Design eye shadow compact, Color Design Lipcolor in Pale Lip and the
always-popular Définicils Mascara. Choose your own
anti-aging trio, including a day cream, eye cream and serum, from the Rénergie,
High Résolution or Absolue Premium βx collections. It's available online, too, at SaksFifthAvenue.com.
- Are you planning to watch the Grammy's tomorrow night? Make sure to tune in at 8PM EST on CBS to catch all the fashion, music and craziness. Double the fun by logging on to Twitter and following Beauty411 to catch the real reaction to the red carpet hair and makeup looks and of course, the best and worst dressed. I'll be on Twitter…hope you will too!
- Speaking of the Grammys…Rock royalty has been flocking to MAKE UP FOR EVER at the Grammy Style Studio to dish on the
products they can’t live without. MAKE UP FOR EVER’s expert artists were also
on-hand to offer tips and personalized product recommendations to get glam for
Sunday night’s big show. We hear Adam Lambert loves MUFE's HD Microfinish Powder!
That's it for this weekend! See you back Monday on Beauty411!