A roundup of beauty news-you-can-use and special events that made my radar this week:
- Bobbi Brown, one of the most influential and well-respected authorities
in beauty today, will be having her first ever LIVE Q+A on Twitter! Bobbi will be answering your beauty questions on
January 12th, 2010 from 12:30 to 1:30 PM EST. Submit questions to @AskBobbiBrown on Twitter and make sure to use the hashtag #prettypowerful at the end of your tweet. If you don't Twitter, join the fun! Sign up today and follow @Beauty411 and @AskBobbi Brown.
- Have you seen Kate Gosselin's new hair? Talk about extreme makeover! Kate is debuting the look on the cover of this week's People magazine and personally I like it. Kate's extensions are the work of Ted Gibson of Ted Gibson Salons and his fabulous team. Between the cut, color and Great Length extensions, the process reportedly took 20 hours and would have cost approximately $7000!
- Double duty beauty brand Purple Lab™ will
launch its new beauty product, Luvah™, a double plumping lip color
equipped with aphrodisiacs, tagged as the “Ultimate Dating Tool,”
on January 29, 2010 at the W Hoboken Hotel and Residences during what
could be the largest speed dating event in Guinness World Records®
history. If you live in the NY-tri-state area and are looking for Mr. Right, are single and between the ages of
21-35, you're invited to pre-register for the event at purplelabnyc.com/speeddating.
- One key trend for spring makeup will be the use of primers for
eyes (lashes and lids) and face, according to Women's Wear Daily. Primers help to
prepare skin and extend the wear of your eyeshadow or foundation.
Expect to see new primer introductions in the coming months.
- Do you love going to the spa? If you're like me and millions of others, the #1 reason spa-goers give for going to the spa is relaxation. To kick
off a bright 2010 of health, balance and longevity, 28 spas in 28 cities
have whipped up their most decadent day-at-the-spa
packages, and in partnership, Spa
Week is giving them away to 28 lucky winners
across North America. Enter the Spa Week 1st Annual National Wellness Giveaway today–find all the contest details at spaweek.com.
- If you live in LA, Fekkai
Melrose Place Salon is hosting a “So Chic, So Fekkai” event on Friday, Jan. 15th. Enjoy champagne and hors d’oeuvres while getting gorgeous
before your weekend. Get a Blowout, Polish Change and Makeup Application for $75 (a $170 value). For more info or to book, call 323.655.7800.