If you like makeup that’s a little on the edgy, inspired-by-fashion side, take a look at the new MAC Alice + Olivia Makeup Collection. Created with fashion designer Stacey Bendet for Alice + Olivia, it has a playful, not too serious vibe that’s loaded up with color.
The MAC Alice + Olivia Makeup Collection includes:
- Later: Deepest black with a hint of purple pearl
- If It Sparkles: Frosty white plus a touch of pink
- Partylicious: Turquoise mixed with silver sparkle
Makeup Tip: Don’t be afraid of pigments! For application, I use the MAC #239 brush, which is a bit more stiff, to apply pigments. Director of Makeup Artistry Gregory Arlt uses a #252 brush (just a larger size of the 239). I also find pigments work best when applied over a primer or paintpot, for maximum adhesion. Use this set of pigments to create a modern smoky eye look by sweeping Later on the lid and blending out and then meeting that color with If It Sparkles.
- Sparklicious: Creamy, soft barely-there pink with multidimensional pearl
- If It’s Pink: Shimmering bright pink
- I.Want.Candy: Electric yellow with a sparkling edge
Gregory’s Tip: “Transform your matte red lip by applying I.Want.Candy Dazzleglass Crème on top. It will literally change into a chic orange red with shine and luster.”
- Morning.After: Creamy turquoise
- So Rich So Pretty: Party-ready purple
- Military: Black matte with silver suede
All three of the nail lacquers are great shades for fall and very wearable. I always love a purple and So Rich So Pretty is easy to wear and should look good no matter your skin tone. My other fave is Military. I just can’t wear a black matte, but there is a light shimmer that makes this more of a “graphite” shade. I find that two coats is all I need for a nicely saturated color.
The MAC Alice + Olivia Makeup Collection is available now at MAC retailers and at www.maccosmetics.com.