It’s been a whirlwind week for me in New York for Fashion Week; I’m grateful to be home and getting back to normal. That means weekend beauty news, too! Here is the latest…
- Bioré Skincare is joining forces with Physique 57 to bring the fitness phenomenon to 10 cities across the country… offering the ultimate Physique 57 workout and the ultimate cleansing experience with Bioré Makeup Removing Towelettes for FREE. To reserve your spot, please register for the class at www.biore.com/usa/physique57tour. Walk-ins will be welcome, if space allows. Attendees will receive a sample size of Bioré Makeup Removing Towelettes and a coupon towards a future purchase. If you’re unable to attend a class, you can sign up for the chance to be one of the lucky winners to receive a Workout Essentials Kit, including the Bioré Makeup Removing Towelettes, a Bioré-branded exercise ball and mat, and a Physique 57 DVD. Check it out!
- You know I adore Bobbi Brown–so how excited was I to hear that she will be having a LIVE Twitter Q&A on Tuesday, Sept. 21st from 12-1PM EST. Bobbi will be talking about her new book, Beauty Rules, and answering questions. To join in, follow @AskBobbiBrown on Twitter; submit questions using the hashtag #beautyrules, then check in on Tuesday to see if your question gets answered! What do you want to ask Bobbi?
- Looking for a new “do” this fall? Try one of göt2b’s fat-tastic stylers and “do” good by participating in Cupcakes for a Cause Week. From September 20 – 26, bakeries and grocery stores around the country will be selling specially-decorated cupcakes and donating a portion of the sales to Cancer Care for Kids, a program that provides free support services to children affected by cancer and their families. göt2b is sweetening the deal, too: For every free e-Cupcake sent, göt2b will donate $1.00 to the cause (up to $10,000). For more info, go to wwww.cupcakesforacause.org.
- Carla from Product Girl found the new Stila Natural Beauty Eyeshadow palette online and shares her thoughts. It looks like a winner!
- If you consider yourself a “shoe-aholic”, Saks Fifth Avenue, in partnership with the must-read magazine Footwear News, invites you to share your passion for shoes by casting your vote for 2010’s Sexiest Shoe! Cast your vote on-line at www.footwearnews.com/sexyshoes or in store in Saks Fifth Avenue New York’s “10022-SHOE” boutique. Once you vote and register, you are automatically entered to win a Saks Shoe Shopping Spree! The Sexy Shoes contest features 23 pairs of top-designer shoes including heels from Brian Atwood, Manolo Blahnik, Chanel, Jimmy Choo, Sergio Rossi, Christian Louboutin, Miu Miu, Valentino and Stuart Weitzman (to name just a few favorites)!
- Christine at 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic is someone that, like me, shares a passion for skincare. She’s now a Strivectin Insider and will be sharing her thoughts on the products and the brand. I’ll be interested to see what she says!
- While at Fashion Week, there are more events to attend that you can possibly fit in your schedule. One that I was invited to and always make time for is hosted by Robert Verdi, a celebrity stylist and style-maker. The Fashion Week Retreat, held in the Luxe Laboratory, showcases many different brands and is an opportunity to relax from the craziness of Fashion Week and learn about new products. I had a blow out and style compliments of the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa and learned that hair services are one of the main reasons clients visit Red Door Spa (who knew?). I also learned about new Acuvue TruEye contacts and checked out Ginger + Liz nail polish. Always a great time!
- Next week is Beauty Week at HauteLook, a discount shopping website. You can go to the website to find all the details and dates for sales, but look for brands like LORAC, Stila, RapidLash and more. Shopping is by invitation only, so get the hook-up here!
Have a great weekend – come back next week for beauty reviews on new products from LaMer, Origins and more!