Have you noticed that most holidays activities are centered around food? The Fourth of July is no exception–picnics, BBQs–it’s all about the hamburgers, hot dogs and potato salad! Normally, it wouldn’t be any different at my house, but this year I am planning to have a healthy holiday on Nutrisystem. Read on for more….
Nutrisystem has come up with some tips that I plan on using to stay on track this holiday. I’m sharing them with you, because they are easily adaptable, whether you’re on a weight-loss program or just trying to eat healthier.
- On my Nutrisystem plan, I can enjoy a Flame-Broiled Hamburger, which is one of my favorite entrees. I’ll top it with a Pepperidge Farm Deli Flats Roll, which is only 100 calories.
- For picnics or gatherings, a garden salad with all your favorite vegetables and various dressings on the side is a great option. That way everyone can choose what dressing is best for them. To make a complete meal, top with some grilled chicken.
- Grill some vegetables on the BBQ. For a fun way to do this and to have the kids get involved, make vegetable shish kabobs, toss them onto the BBQ and use the veggies for a great side dish.
- Try to steer away from items drenched with BBQ sauce as this will only add in extra calories. BBQ sauce is typically high in sugar and sodium.
- Make sure to have iced water on hand; toss in some slices of citrus fruits (i.e. oranges, lime and lemons), cucumbers or basil leaves. This makes it different and is quite refreshing!
- For dessert, enjoy a healthy option such as fruit salad or fruit kabobs for you and your guests. Lately, I’ve been enjoying fresh strawberries with a dollop of Fat Free Cool Whip and it more than satisfies my sweet tooth.
This morning, the scale didn’t cooperate–I couldn’t get the same reading twice (does that happen to you?). So best 2 out of 3 shows a loss of .4 lbs., bringing total weight loss to date an even 33 pounds. Scales–that’s a subject for another post!
If you would like to lose weight and eat healthier, visit Nutrisystem today or call 888-853-4689 for more information. Do you have any tips for eating healthier around the holidays? Share them with me in the comments!