You know that I’m always on a quest for best and most effective skin care. I was introduced to and have been using Skin Authority skin care for the past 8 weeks and I have to tell you, this is a fantastic line of products! Read on for the details…
The most important thing to me when I consider a skin care product, regardless of the brand, is what’s in the product–is it formulated with ingredients (and in concentrations) that will get the job done? Before I had the chance to test Skin Authority products, a quick review of the product information sheets on their website told me everything I needed to know.
The products are formulated with active ingredients in concentrations that are most effective to produce maximum results. The other consideration I have is technology. After doing my research, I was impressed at the level of innovation in these products–I love that AOX™ Technology (a form of advanced antioxidant technology which uses a combination of antioxidants, vitamins, and fatty acids–when combined yields more cumulative effects). In addition, the products are formulated without parabens, dyes, fragrances, and animal testing.
I was introduced to the Skin Authority line when I had a facial at Kohler Waters Spa in December. To follow up, I was given a regimen by the esthetician so that my skin would get maximum results. The products that I have been using daily are:
AM: Daily Cleanser, Super C Serum, Reviving Eye Brightener, and Sunscreen Moisturizer.
PM: Daily Cleanser, Resurfacing Accelerator, Vitamin C Renewal and Tri Power Peptide Hydrator alternated with Calming Cream.
Here is a breakdown of each product in my regimen:
- Daily Cleanser – Lightweight gel that is non-drying; contains 3% Glycolic Acid to exfoliate skin and lower skin’s pH.
- Super C Serum – Has the highest concentration of L-Ascorbic Acid (20%) for maximum results; formulated with additional antioxidants to help boost effectiveness of L-Ascorbic Acid.
- Sunscreen Moisturizer SPF 30 – Broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, although it feels a bit heavy going on, it dries quickly and doesn’t leave a white cast or become greasy.
- Reviving Eye Brightener – You only need the smallest amount; as this is a great formula for an eye cream. Works on brightening undereye circles, firming skin, works on undereye puffiness, maintains hydration, reduces irritation.
- Tri-Power Peptide Hydrator – This luxurious cream contains Vitamins A,B,C and E in addition to three peptides, algae extract and Sodium Hyaluronate to moisturize and offer anti-aging benefits.
- Vitamin A Cell Renewal – Retinyl Palmitate (7%) helps to increase cell turnover and provide anti-aging benefits, without irritation. Vitamin E, Sweet Almond Oil, Aloe Leaf Juice help to keep skin moisturized.
- Calming Cream – This lotion helps to reduce redness and inflammation to skin. Especially good for post-peel or post-cosmetic treatments, can also be used to sooth overexfoliated or irritated skin.
- Resurfacing Accelerator – My favorite product in the line! Resurfacing Accelerator is a 15% Glycolic Acid gel that exfoliates skin, and with regular use helps brighten skin and increase cellular turnover. Can also help reduce oil and bacteria, making it a good choice for someone with acne-prone skin.
I have definitely noticed improvement in my skin since I’ve started this regimen. I would go so far as to say I’m “makeup optional” at this point and that’s a great feeling! While it might seem complicated, I was given a customized routine to follow for my skin concerns and it didn’t take long to get in a groove. Skin Authority products are found in leading spa and resort locations. To find a Skin Authority Authorized Lifestyle Partner, call 1-866-325-SKIN option 4 or go to www.skinauthority.com.