As far back as I can remember, I’ve always been obsessed with makeup. But right next to that obsession has been my love of handbags. Perhaps the reason I see my two passions intertwined is that makeup and handbags add to your own personal style and give you a feeling of self-confidence. Revlon and Elle are celebrating women’s “power purses” and asked me to share the contents of mine. Read on for more…
I carry a classic black Coach handbag…inside there’s a nod to my love of fashion, with pops of color everywhere! You’ll see that it’s all about being prepared to take on the world:
- iPhone (smartphone): This phone has made my calendar, planner, address book, email, camera, newspaper –everything I could need, virtually accessible anytime, anywhere. I also have an extra power cord with me at all times. The case features an illustration of a fashion girl by Tibi, a favorite fashion designer.
- Wallet: For the financial essentials.
- Makeup bag, which holds:
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters: I always carry 2 or 3 of these—I love the formula! Creamy and pigmented like a lipstick, soothing and comfortable like a balm. Favorite shades: Sugar Plum, Sugar Frosting and Cotton Candy
- Hand Lotion and Hand Sanitizer
- Nail Kit: Revlon ColorStay Longwear Nail Enamel is a new favorite (obsessed with the Bold Sangria shade), plus nail file and buffer—a must to give nails a shiny, finished look!
- Eyeliner and Mascara for day to night glam: Revlon Grow Luscious Lashliner in Graphite and Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara–a quick swipe turns up the glam factor.
- Compact and cheek color for touch-ups.
- Fragrance-This Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange rollerball fragrance is nice and light.
- A friction stick—because nothing is worse than getting a blister from your shoes.
- iPad (Tablet): I read all of my magazine subscriptions, including Elle, on my tablet. I can work off my tablet, writing and editing posts, making my office truly portable.
- Sunglasses and umbrella: Rain or shine, I’m prepared for whatever Mother Nature throws at me.
- Pen (are they becoming obsolete?)
- Bottled water, car keys and a meal-replacement bar. My resolution this year was to eat healthier and work out daily. I’m seeing results, which has been great for my self-confidence.
Do you love a scavenger hunt? This spring, join ELLE and Revlon as they celebrate beauty and womens’ self confidence, personal style, and being prepared for any of life’s challenges.
In collaboration with Revlon, ELLE will curate 8 unique “power purses” (valued at $3,000 each including bag and contents). Four handbags will be “dropped” in diverse locations across the country and four will be virtual and available to all ELLE readers.
To join in on the fun, “like” Revlon on Facebook and head to the Purse-Uit of Power tab. That’s where you’ll find information on the handbag drop location clues, a digital entry for the virtual giveaways and more. I can’t wait to start playing for my “power purse”!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. Even though I received payment and some company-provided samples for use and consideration, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.