I’m couldn’t have been more excited that Avon asked me to write a Guest Post for their blog. That was a no brainer–Avon has is a trusted beauty brand that has continued to evolve and stay current. Using the glitz and glamour of Old Hollywood as inspiration, I’ve created a glamorous smoky eye look for you using the latest products from the new Avon Fall Beauty collection. Read on for how-to…
- Prime the eyelid first, then using a shader brush apply the “Gilded Lady” gold shade from the True Color Femme Fatale Eyeshadow Quad to the entire lid. Blend using a blender brush.
- Next, apply the Plum Seduction shade to the crease of the eye; blend towards outer eye area. Then apply the Plum Seduction shade below eye lashes and blend well. Connect the shades where they meet at the outer corner of the eye.
- Brush the Innocence (white) shade under eyebrow to highlight. Blend so that there are no obvious lines between the shades on the lid and under-eyebrows.
- Brush the Midnight Green eyeshadow shade in a narrow line above the lashline.
- Using a Glimmersticks liqui-glide pencil in black, lightly tightline under the upper eyelashes; place a few dots of the black eyeliner on the lashline over the Midnight Green eyeshadow and smudge, smudge, smudge into the Midnight Green.
- Curl eyelashes, then apply two to three coats of Super Drama Mascara in black.
- To complete the look, apply Ultra-Color Rich Lipstick in Plum Seduction.
- Need ‘nail-spiration’? I’m loving the Nailwear Pro+ Nail Enamel in Decadence with this look!
Thanks for the opportunity to play silver-screen siren, Avon! Now tell me…where do you find inspiration for your makeup looks? Avon is easy to find online…you can check out their Tumblr, Facebook or catch them on Twitter!