Hourglass Cosmetics has just launched Ambient Lighting Powder, a groundbreaking collection of finishing powders that capture, diffuse and soften the way light is reflected on your skin. Read on to find out why this is a powder that I’m completely obsessed with!
A few weeks ago, Jessica Alba was one of my favorites on the Red Carpet at the Golden Globes. Her makeup artist used Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light and the effect was stunning.
Unlike traditional powders that merely sit on the skin, Ambient Lighting Powder uses “photoluminescent technology” that refracts light, creates transparent coverage and renders the skin gorgeously radiant. It’s true! I’ve been using Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous and it’s amazing. It truly imparts a luminous glow to the face. I’ve been using it slightly above cheekbones and it gives the most beautiful effect I’ve ever had from a compact powder.
There are six universal powders available and each has a corresponding lighting effect. The Ambient Lighting Powders brighten the appearance and conceal skin imperfections, pores and wrinkles, so that skin appears younger, even-toned and radiant.
You choose your powder according to your most flattering light:
- DIFFUSED LIGHT: A soft, warm, pale yellow powder that reduces redness and gives skin clarity – like a soft ray of morning light.
- ETHEREAL LIGHT: An opalescent sheer, cool white powder that mimics a moonlit glow – even in broad daylight.
- RADIANT LIGHT: A sun-kissed golden beige powder that extends a summer glow, or enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle, warmth.
- MOOD LIGHT: A soft, sheer lavender pink powder that mimics the softest, most forgiving light and reveals your brightest complexion.
- DIM LIGHT: A neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm and cool tones.
- LUMINOUS LIGHT: A champagne pearl powder that creates a soft, incandescent candlelit glow, day or night.
There is an Ambient Powder Brush (purchased separately) that gives best results for application (although a skunk brush would also work). This brush has extra soft, high-grade taklon bristles and is ideal for evenly dispersing the powder onto every contour of the complexion
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder retails at $45 for each powder; the Ambient Powder Brush is $35. Available at Sephora, Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman & Space NK. Warning: once you try one, you’re going to want them all!
Disclosure: A press samples has been provided by the brand/PR for editorial consideration, product testing and review. Affiliate links have been used in the post, which means a small commission is earned. This helps to support and maintain Beauty411.net.