Today on Makeup Wars we’re sharing our favorite Summer Complexion Fixers. If you’re like me, I definitely give my skin a break during the summer and focus on lighter textures. Read on for more…
For Makeup Wars Challenges, it seems like I can never pick just one favorite (it’s my destiny…I’m a Gemini!), so I’m sharing some of the best complexion fixers I’ve tried lately.
- From Dr. Dennis Gross, the alpha beta daily glow moisture lotion (or “glotion”) is a daily moisturizer that enhances radiance. It gives skincare benefits with active Vitamin D, exfoliates skin and gives a subtle glow, too. I’m loving this one!
- From BECCA, the Bronzing Skin Perfector is just that…it melts into the skin, almost like a primer and provides a sun-kissed effect. You can use it on bare skin in place of foundation, as a primer or on top of foundation. I love the texture…skin feels like silk after application.
- Sun Serenity Renewing Tan Enhancing Fluid from Phytomer is an after-sun product that helps renew skin damaged by UV rays and enhance your tan. It leaves skin feeling like velvet. This moisturizer pampers skin with a blend of marine ingredients and apricot kernal oil. It’s a way to nourish parched skin that’s been exposed to the sun.
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer has been my favorite tinted moisturizer since it launched last year. Perfect texture, skincare benefits and an SPF 30 make this a product that I can highly recommend. For summer, I live in the St. Moritz shade, which is a medium shade.
- When I need a little extra coverage during the summer, I turn to MAC Prep + Prime BB Compact. Totally portable, blends like a dream and SPF 30, this formula hides any flaws. I use Light Plus, which I’d consider a medium shade. This is part of the permanent collection.
- From IT Cosmetics, I can’t say enough about Hello Light Anti-Aging Radiance Creme Illuminator. The Hello Light Luminizer will be part of an upcoming 6-piece Today’s Special Value on QVC on July 13th. This product, along with the Heavenly Luxe Pointed Precision Complexion Brush is worth the price of the whole kit. The Radiance Creme Illuminator gives a candlelight glow (no glitter!) and when you use that amazing brush with it…completely goof-proof. Love, love, love!
- A big part of a beautiful complexion in the summer is controlling shine and new Urban Decay De-Slick is a mattifying powder that totally does that. I add this translucent, slightly lavender powder as a final step to keep shine at bay and it’s great for touch-ups, too. This powder doesn’t give a chalky or overly-matte look, nor does it settle into fine lines. Plus, the compact is totally UD-cool…would you expect anything else?
- And for extra protection in the sweltering heat, you can’t beat blotting papers. The Ageless Clarity Facial Blotting Papers from the Nuance Salma Hayek line make de-greasing quick and convenient. Blotting papers remove excess oil without disturbing makeup. These papers have Green Tea Leaf Extract and Tea Tree Leaf Extract, both known oil-controllers. Plus, they’re a pretty green color!
I hope these suggestions are helpful for keeping your complexion fresh and pretty this summer! Don’t forget to check out the other Makeup Wars bloggers to see their skin fixers for summer!