This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is on our Top 10 Concealers. Something I know a little about, since I use one almost daily. I’ve always had dark circles, regardless of the amount of sleep I get. I’ve become a bit of an expert at covering them up!
My Top 10 Concealers include:
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer and Corrector Kit (review)
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla (review)
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20 (review)
- Dior Diorskin Nude Skin-Perfecting Hydrating Concealer #2 (review)
- YSL Touche Éclat Radiant Touch (technically not a concealer, but I use it as one) (review)
- Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer in SX07 (review)
- CHANEL Lift Lumiere Concealer in Beige Lumiere (review)
- COVERGIRL & Olay Simply Ageless Concealer and Corrector (review)
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye in Medium
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Super Blendable Crayon Concealer (review)
Let me begin by saying that every one of the concealers on the above list is excellent; I’m a tough critic of concealers because I have the dark circles that need to be hidden. In terms of application, although I have quite a few concealer brushes (Bobbi Brown, MAC 195, Laura Mercier, MUFE 174) I often just use my ring finger.
The first concealing product I ever bought (and have re-bought and rebought!) was from Bobbi Brown. She taught me the philosophy of correct/conceal/set and I still use and believe in that process today.
I use the other concealers on my Top 10 list interchangeably. Most are a medium coverage, however I will say that the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer will cover up the toughest undereye circles and/or imperfections. If you need maximum coverage, this would be it. And while compiling this, I noticed that I have never done a formal review for IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer. I love the formula; vitamin-rich ingredients, no caking and excellent coverage.
Make sure to check out the favorite concealers from the other beauty bloggers participating in today’s challenge!