It’s no secret that I love good skin care; I’m always on the lookout for products that work effectively. I’ve recently been using the VI DERM anti-aging system from Vitality Institute Medical Products. This collection is one of several skincare collections available from Vitality Institute Medical Products, makers of the VI-Peel.
The VI-DERM products are a line of products that are formulated with pharmaceutical-grade ingredients to reverse and prevent skin aging. When I saw that, I was on board. VI-DERM uses high quality active ingredients that work together synergistically. I was sent the Anti-Aging System to try, which was perfect for me, since my concerns are prevention of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as my perpetual battle of treating sun-damaged areas.
The VI DERM Anti-Aging System products that I’ve been using include:
- The VI-DERM Cleanser – a gel-based cleanser that can be used by all skin types. The formula contains aloe, Glycolic acid, Azelaic acid, Malic Acid, Vitamin A, E, Pro-Vitamin B-5 and Green Tea. I didn’t experience any irritation with the cleanser and found it to be a good prep for skincare that would follow.
- VI-DERM 20% Vitamin C Gel – a stable Vitamin C ester product with anti-oxidant properties. Also helps to stimulate collagen, protect from photo/UV damage and brightens skin.
- VI-DERM Complete Care Normal to Dry Skin (I used this in the morning) – A combination of Glycolic and Azelaic acid, Vitamin C, retinol, Green Tea and Coffeeberry. This product gives your skin antioxidants for cell regeneration, plus exfoliation and pigment control.
- VI-DERM Advanced Firming Lotion – contains a blend of peptides, Hyaluronic acid for moisture-binding, humectants and antioxidants for firming and lifting.
- VI-DERM SPF 50 + Sun Protection – broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with antioxidants; no greasy feel on the skin.
Overall, I really like the products that I tried. My favorite product is the Vitamin C Gel. I love that the formula comes in an airless pump. This maintains the stability of the product and prevents oxidation. I wish more companies would package like this!
While there are multiple steps in this regimen, I didn’t find it confusing. I got into a routine without any difficulty. Despite the predominance of acids in the products, I had no irritation from this combination. I did notice my skin felt slightly drier, but it is probably because I generally apply a sunscreen in the morning and usually don’t follow with a moisturizer on top of that.
In terms of results, I have seen an overall improvement in the tone and texture of my skin. It’s brighter, smoother and I have noticed improvement in areas of sun damage. I realize that correcting hyperpigmentation is is a long-term proposition and not something that I expected to see completely disappear in 6-8 weeks of product use. I’ve continued to use the VI-DERM skincare regimen, as I do consider this to be an excellent skin system.
If you’re interested in purchasing any of the VI-DERM skin care products, you can find the line in medical aesthetics offices or online at vipeel.com. At some point, I plan to have one of the VI-Peels; I’ll keep you posted!