Today is National Lipstick Day….and while it seems like every day is “National Something-or-Other Day”, as a beauty blogger, National Lipstick Day is something I can celebrate! I thought it would be fun to round up my favorite lipsticks into three color categories: brights, nudes and bolds.
Have you noticed that a lipstick can totally change your mood or change up your look? That’s why I have so many, and why for me, a lipstick is one of the hardest makeup products to resist. Every season, the color palettes or formulas change just enough to lure me in. Some of the shades in my collection are limited-edition and no longer available, so I’ve listed a shade that’s close within the same formula.
My favorite bright lipsticks (perfect for spring-summer) include:
- CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine in 467, Pygmalion [Try Monte-Carlo]
- CHANEL Rouge Allure Velvet in 44 La Diva [Try L’Exubérante]
- Dolce&Gabbana 237 Cosmopolitan [Try Venere 430]
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick in Defiant Coral
- L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Balm Pop in 410 Wild Lilly
My favorite nude lipsticks include:
- Tory Burch Lip Color in Pas du Tout
- Lipstick Queen Pinky Nude Sinner
- CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine in 93 Intime
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in NAKED
- Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Tonka Imperiale 602
My favorite bold lipsticks include:
- CHANEL Rouge Allure Velvet in 327 La Desiree [Try 47 L’amoureuse]
- Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Berry
- NARS Lipstick in Red Lizard
- M·A·C Lipstick in Russian Red (Matte)
- Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie in Lead the Way
Although there are many different ways to apply lipstick, for the bold cream formulas especially, I usually apply a dot of foundation to lips first, then apply the lipstick, blot with a tissue, reapply, then dab on a bit of transparent loose powder to set. Sometimes I’ll use a lip liner, but to be honest, it’s pretty rare. For more lipstick love, check out a few more color-specific lipstick posts: Favorite Coral Lip Shades, Top 10 Pink Lipsticks and Perfect Pink-Nude Beauty Products.
What is your favorite lipstick shade? Put it on and celebrate National Lipstick Day!