The beginning of the new year is a time to look back on 2014 and in today’s Top 10 Tuesday, we’re taking a look at our favorite beauty products from last year. What could be more fun?
After trying hundreds of products in 2014, these are my Top 10 Beauty products of 2014 (in no particular order)!
1. CHANEL is one of the makeup brands I use day in and day out. And I reach for LES 4 OMBRES Multi-Effect Quadra Eyeshadow palettes (review) so often that I have to include as one of my Top 10 Beauty products of 2014. New textures and finishes make these eyeshadow quads a must-have; shown is Tisse Rivoli; gorgeous.
2. NARS All Day Luminous Powder Foundation (review) is that rare powder foundation that doesn’t look cakey, chalky, always looks flawless and doesn’t settle into fine lines. That alone is enough to make me love it!
3. One of my most beloved purchases this year, I couldn’t compile this “Top 10” list without including my MAC Gravitas Palette from the Brooke Shields Beauty Icon Collection (review). Full of eyeshadow colors that are classics, this is one of my favorites.
4. I have to include a nail polish in my Top 10 and the shade that I fell hard for in 2014 is Claire, from the Zoya Entice Fall Collection (review). Claire is a rich burgundy that I am still drawn to.
5. A palette that combines the best of the Urban Decay NAKED line, I love the NAKED On The Run Palette. With eyeshadow, eyeliner, Lip Gloss and a blush/bronzer/highlighter combination, this is my travel go-to.
6 and 7. “Brightening” is definitely a trend for skincare and I saw two releases in 2014 that I just couldn’t leave off this list. The Estee Lauder Enlighten Skintone Correcting Creme (review) and Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream (review) were two of my favorite skin care products of last year.
9. I’ve tried alot of hair products in the past year, but overall the line that I’ve seen the most impressive results from is Alterna. No matter what I try, I love, but my favorite product has been the Alterna Bamboo Sustainable Volume Spray. I see noticeable improvement in volume when I use this spray. Highly recommended!
10. IT Cosmetics had a great year in 2014, with innovative products that work. I’ve already named Your Skin But Better CC+ ™ Cream with SPF 50+ (review) as one of my favorite Foundation/BB/CC products of 2014. Another favorite is the CC+™ Radiance Palette (review). This palette contains three new color correcting products…the CC+™ Brightening Finishing Powder, CC+™ Flush Blush and CC+™ Matte Bronzer. So versatile!
Make sure to check out the other favorites from 2014 from today’s beauty bloggers!