Consistently chic and elegant, Carolina Herrera is the designer who’s clothes I would most want to wear…if I could ever afford them. This week’s show at New York Fashion Week showcased washes of grey, with a key trend for Fall…the raspberry matte lip. Read on for the backstage beauty details, including hair, makeup and nails.
The hair featured wrapped ponys by Orlando Pita for TRESemmé, based on Carolina Herrera’s inspiration for the collection. “Our collection this season was based on the light patterns of the sun on water that lead to these beautiful wave shapes and blurred prints. Orlando’s wrapped pony pulls the outfit together, creating a striking contrast to the soft layers, but in a way that still feels quite feminine and wearable.” Carolina Herrera.
To get the look:
- Start by washing your hair using TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Infusing Shampoo and Conditioner and towel dry.
- Work in the TRESemmé Runway Collection Get Sleek Blow Dry Balm from root to tip and dry hair straight back with no part using a soft bristle brush.
- Layer in TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Firm Control Gel from the roots to mid lengths
- Comb the hair back into a low pony at the nape of the neck and secure with a thin elastic. Starting from about two inches away from the elastic tightly weave ribbon, or a thin strip of leather, around the pony, securing with a small knot behind the elastic.
- Finish the look by spraying TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Frizz-Free Hairspray for extra hold. For extra shine, layer more TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Infusing Smoothing Serum onto the lengths of the pony
Prior to makeup application, skin was prepped by applying an SK-II Facial Treatment Mask (review) to models’ skin. This is my favorite sheet mask and it restores hydration and a glow to skin. Love these!
Makeup was done by Diane Kendal for M·A·C. The look featured a luminescent finish on skin, using Lightscapade Mineralize Skinfinish. Brows were shaded with Omega Eye Shadow. On cheeks, Cheek Pollen Powder Blush (available fall; for now, try Whole Lotta Love). To give a watery appearance on the eyes, Clear Lipglass was applied and M·A·C Pro Silver Glitter was applied to the lash tips. The standout to this look is the lip, using Oh, Lady M·A·C Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour (available Fall); for now try M·A·C Lipstick in Rebel, one of my favorite shades.
Michelle Saunders for essie created two elegant nail looks to complement the dove grey palette found throughout Carolina Herrera‘s Fall/Winter 2015 collection. forever yummy (above) perfectly matched the red in the fabrics, and the sheen combination of imported bubbly and allure (shown on beauty look) glistened on the runway. I love both looks for Fall…gorgeous!
To get the ‘red’ look:
1. Apply ridge filling base coat to clean, filed nails
2. Apply two coats of forever yummy.
3. Finish with good to go top coat
Are you following any of the trends for New York Fashion Week? Let me know in the comments!