Second maybe only to Kim Kardashian’s Paper magazine photo, the Urban Decay NAKED Smoky Palette came close to breaking the internet the day it was announced. And since then, UD fans have been waiting to get their chance. As someone who is addicted to the NAKED products and to anything “smoky”, I was all in.
The NAKED Smoky Palette is so smart, because if you ask any makeup artist, they will tell you their most requested look is a smoky eye. For some reason, finding that perfect range of eyeshadow shades is so intimidating. Until now. Urban Decay has curated 12 eyeshadow shades for the perfect neutral smoky eye.
The NAKED Smoky Palette eyeshadow shades include:
- High – champagne shimmer with micro-glitter
- Dirtysweet – medium bronze
- Radar – metallic taupe with iridescent micro-glitter
- Armor – metallic silver-taupe with tonal sparkle
- Slanted – light metallic gray
- Dagger – medium charcoal with micro-shimmer
- Black Market – jet black satin
- Smolder – deep plum taupe (my favorite)
- Password – cool taupe matte
- Whiskey – rich brown matte
- Combust – soft pink-taupe
- Thirteen – light beige satin
Let’s not forgot the other essential tool in creating the perfect smoky eye. The brush. Included with this palette is a dual-ended brush; a Tapered Crease Brush on one side and Smoky Smudger Brush on the other.
And the best thing ever? Urban Decay has included a booklet with looks and the instructions on how to get the look yourself. I love the detail that the instructions impart…no guessing what to do. Check out the instructions for getting the Everyday Smoky Eye look:
Of all the NAKED palettes I have, ‘Smoky‘ is definitely my favorite. The eyeshadows have a luminous quality to them and the pigmentation is among the best I’ve seen. I am seriously (and strongly) suggesting you don’t miss out on this one!