No doubt you’ve already started your back-to-school shopping…there are so many things to get. Don’t forget about updating your makeup bag! Starting out a new school year means putting your best face forward. These are the products to search out.
1. Pür Minerals Love Your Selfie Palette ($39). A complete kit that includes 8 eyeshadows, Lip Gloss in Exposed, Big Look Mascara, Savvy Blush. Mineral Glow Bronzer and Afterglow Illuminating Powder. Perfect for in your locker.
2. Clinique Beyond Perfecting Powder Foundation + Concealer ($27). I love the convenience of a powder foundation and have been impressed with this new one from Clinique. It’s a powder foundation (can be worn wet or dry) that offers full coverage without clogging pores. Beyond Perfecting Powder Foundation + Concealer comes in 13 shades for a good match.
3. Laura Geller DramaLASH ($24). I recently did a Top 10 Mascara post (link) and this new volumizing mascara from Laura Geller is one you should know about. The brush is huge for seriously dramatic false-eyelash effect.
4. Pixi by Petra Quick Fix Powder ($20). This adorable powder comes in it’s own easily transportable container with applicator. Sets makeup and gives a matte finish. So easy!
5. Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm SPF 15 ($2.99). These fashion-forward lip balms are great to keep in your purse or locker.
6. Caswell-Massey Hand Cream ($15, link). Now that the air is getting drier, my hands can really feel it. I’ve been keeping the Caswell-Massey Hand Cream in Lilac next to my desk. Formulated with Aloe Vera and Sweet Almond Oil, this hand cream conditions and protects hands. Smells divine!
7. Multi-Masking is a hot new trend that uses a combination of skin masks to address unique concerns. nügg face masks come in single serve tubs that are perfect for multi-tasking multi-masking. I like the combination of the revitalizing mask which energizes dull skin with the hydrating mask, which helps restore dry, dehydrated skin. Single masks are only $3.29 (Target).
8. Flower by Drew Barrymore Sparkling Garden Eau de Parfum Body Mist/Rollerball (WalMart). I always change fragrances with the seasons; Sparkling Garden is so pretty, with top notes including sparkling pink champagne and a cozy skin musk base. The Body Mists are new and great after a workout. I love the convenience of the rollerball for in your purse.
9. Votre Vu Silk Stockings ($34, link). After going bare-legged all summer, I want to maintain my golden color but don’t always feel like using a self-tanner. Votre Vu Silk Stockings is a ‘Leg Lustre’ is a “glotion” that is applied to bare legs to give a golden radiance. Very natural looking!
10. Simple Skincare Micellar Make-Up Remover Wipes ($6.99) are a new favorite. I’ve been obsessed with the Simple Skincare Micellar Water because it’s such an effective makeup remover. But I love the convenience of a wipe! Now I get total satisfaction. These wipes are gentle and do an excellent job of taking off makeup.
Need something to hold your gear? I like The North Face ‘Jester’ Backpack ($65). Nice and roomy, you can fit your laptop and whatever else you need to carry. The neutral color will work with everything.
As you think about heading back to school, what beauty products do you usually shop for?