True story…back in the day–we really don’t want to go into specific dates, do we? Okay fine–it was 20 years ago–there was a nail polish that completely revolutionized the beauty world. It was, of course, Chanel Vamp. And it was the nail polish that started my obsession with nail polish, and with Chanel.
This year, Chanel celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Vamp by designing an entire holiday collection around it. I couldn’t be happier! The colors in this collection center around the bold black-red shades found in Vamp, along with softer variants.
The Chanel Vamp Attitude Collection for Holiday includes:
- Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect Eyeshadow Quad in Signe Particuliere, $65
- Vamp Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow, $36
- Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in Rouge Noir, $32
- Vamp Attitude Le Crayon Khol Intense Eye Pencil in Rouge Noir, $29
- Vamp Attitude Joues Contraste Highlighting Powder Blush in Coups De Minuit, $45
- Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour in Vamporeuse (light pink purple) or Rouge Noir (black red), $36
- Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte Lip Colour in La Merveilleuse, $36
- Glossimer in Rose de Lune (shimmering soft pink) and Etincelle (golden black red), $30
- Rouge Double Intensite in Merry Rose (soft grey-pink), $30
So given all of my high expectations for a collection built around a nail product so loved and revered, did Chanel Vamp Attitude live up to the hype? It did. First, the Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect Eyeshadow Quad in Signe Particuliere is a collector’s piece. I literally hated to test it, but when I summoned the courage, I found the eyeshadows to be luminous and well-pigmented, lasting a full day even without primer. I can’t help but love this!
I also love Le Volume Mascara in Rouge Noir; a beautiful black-red shade, a perfect complement to the eyeshadow. The Illusion d’Ombre in Vamp Illusion is pretty paired with the Joues Contraste Highlighting Powder Blush in Coups De Minuit. This is truly a highlighting blush; it doesn’t impart alot of color.
The lip products are also gorgeous. Vamporeuse Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour is a new neutral. If you’re wearing Rouge Noir Lip Colour, best to keep the rest of your makeup fairly toned down/neutral. The Glossimers are both must-have picks for me.
And Le Vernis? All three shades are worth having. If you don’t have Rouge Noir (Vamp), it’s one of my favorite Chanel shades ever. Rose Fusion has a metallic finish and is a luminous purple-grey shade. And finally, the glitter top coat in Lame Rouge Noir. Not overdone, not big chunks of glitter, but a pretty finish to whatever shade you’re wearing–for the holidays and beyond.
The CHANEL Vamp Attitude Collection for Holiday 2015 is available now in department stores including Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus, as well as at Chanel.com. Do you plan to pick up anything from this collection? Let me know!
Disclosure: Press samples have been provided for editorial consideration, product testing, photography and review. Affiliate links have been used in the post; see Disclosure Policy for additional information.