One of the looks I loved the most at last night’s Golden Globe Awards was Alicia Vikander. The double nominee hit the red carpet in a white Louis Vuitton gown, with a modern makeup look created by makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury and a stunning twisted low bun by Celebrity Stylist Chris Naselli. Here’s how to recreate her look:
Below, Tilbury shares the key steps she took to create Alicia’s red carpet look:
- Charlotte prepped Alicia’s skin by applying her notorious Magic Cream to the entire face followed by Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Primer, before creating the perfect base with Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation in 8 Dark and 9 Dark.
- To create a dreamy eye look, Charlotte applied a mixture of her cream eye shadow, Eyes to Mesmerise, in Bette and Marie Antoinette across the lids and underneath the eye. She then took Marie Antoinette to illuminate the inner corners of Alicia’s eyes. Charlotte Tilbury Rock ‘N’ Kohl in Bedroom Black was applied three quarters of the way along the upper lash line, and Charlotte topped off the eye look with three coats of Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara to the top and bottom lashes. She finished with Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift in Cara D to perfect Alicia’s already gorgeous brows and frame her mesmerizing eyes.
- To add unbeatable highlight and subtle contour, Charlotte used a combination of her Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light-Medium and Dreamy Glow Highlighter. Charlotte used Charlotte Tilbury Beach Stick in Las Salinas across Alicia’s cheekbones for a pretty pink, healthy, youthful glow.
- Alicia’s look was completed with a matte lip, created by first lining the lips with Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pink Venus, and topping them off with a mixture of Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Sexy Sienna and Walk of Shame.
Celebrity Stylist Chris Naselli shares his steps to creating the beautiful updo:
- Generously apply TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray to damp hair from roots to tips to create texture and hold, then rough blowdry.
- Next, create a deep side part.
- Mix TRESemmé Make Waves Shaping Gel Cream and TRESemmé Keratin Infusion Smoothing Serum together and apply to the strands, then begin twisting the front section of hair, starting at the part. Twist hair up and away from the face, towards the nape of the neck to create a roll. Using a comb, smooth and slick the sides of the hair to avoid unwanted flyaways.
- Pull loose hair, including the coil, into a low ponytail and twist the lengths into a bun, securing with hairpins.
- Complete the look by misting hair with TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Hairspray for an all night hold.
Did you watch the 73rd Annual Golden Globes? Who did you think looked best on the red carpet?
Photo credits: Top Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images; bottom photo credit/Getty Images