With a long, lazy weekend coming up, what better place to spend it than at the beach? In addition to the obvious things, like a beach towel, coverup and flip flops, these are the beach bag essentials that I’ll be carrying.
- A chic tote! I love the Kate Spade “I Need a Vacation” Tote. Not only is it roomy, it’s whimsical and perfect for carrying everything.
- Sun protection (of course!): Clinique is out with new Mineral Sunscreen Lotions for Face and Body. I’ve been using Clinique SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen Lotion for Body and SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen Fluid for Face. These physical sunscreens offer UVA/UVB protection, absorb quickly and don’t leave you with a white residue.
- I don’t take any chances with my color-treated hair! I use a UV protectant and love the Alterna Haircare Bamboo Beach BB Beauty Balm. This multi-tasking cream can be used on wet or dry hair, and provides UV protection while controlling frizz, adding shine, light hold and hydration so hair isn’t parched. If beachy waves are your thing, make sure to check out this guide to the Best Sea Salt Sprays.
- If I’m at the beach, my makeup is minimal–usually just a great bronzer and lip gloss. The By Terry Sun Designer Palette in Tan & Flash Cruise is one of the prettiest bronzers I’ve seen this season. The zig-zag pattern has bright blushes in pink and coral on the left, contrasted by the highlighting and bronzing shades on the right. The powder is silky and light. Gorgeous!
- For an easy day at the beach, I’m all about a pop of color on my lips. The CHANEL Glossimer in Sirocco, from the Summer Collection is perfect. To make sure my lips don’t burn, I apply SuperGoop Shine On Lip Screen SPF 50 over the gloss. It’s a clear top coat that protects lips from burning and acts as a UV shield.
What essentials do you carry in your beach bag?
Disclosure: Some press samples were provided by brands/PR for editorial consideration, product testing, photography and review. Affiliate links have been used in the post.